Something Different - Page 2

News Flash: Boffins Film Living Lightning - Now Looking for Santa

Boffins claim a special camera filmed Mr Lightning getting around with
boxing gloves, matches and a tin of kero.

They want to put him in jail for breaking the rules.

Re: Something Different

  Not quite right.  Lightning is usually completely random.  The force and
time levsl involved do not permit a "cool" appraisal of  "the least
resistance".

Re: Something Different

So are you suggesting that lightning rods do not work?

Re: Something Different

thread.
conductor.
and
That comment will be a lightning rod for further comment.....

Ken

Re: Something Different

I said wood wouldn't conduct as a grounding measure for a laptop case.
Likewise I said wood was not the conductor in the Geelong incident - both
are true, both are correct.

You said wood could be used to ground a wooden laptop and was the conductor
at Geelong - both are false, both are incorrect.

So explain to me me how I made a fool of myself? The fact that wood
'sometimes' is a conductor is irrelevent in this thread.

A pre-school student would be able to understand that - why do you have so
much trouble?

Re: Something Different

Just let the ignorant old fool have it to shut him up, we all know he is
wrong.

Re: Something Different

I should, but I've got a couple of days off and nothing better to do :)

Re: Something Different

Liar, you said nothing of the sort in the quoting
you keep deleting and I keep restoring.

Irrelevant to whether dry wood does indeed conduct when the
voltage across it is high enough, just like with any insulator.

And both are irrelevant to the general statement you made.

No I didnt.

No I didnt.

Pity I never made either statement.

You clearly said

Nope. I JUST commented on that stupid pig ignorant claim that

That is SOMETIMES true and sometimes it aint.

<reams of your puerile shit any 2 year old
could leave for dead flushed where it belongs>

Re: Something Different

"Dry wood is an insulator - not a conductor. For the purpose of earthing -
which is where this started, wood has NO conducive conductive abilities."

So where did I get the above from? I keep deleting to save myself having to
scroll through 'reams of puerile shit' - not to hide the facts :)

Which has nothing to do with this thread - which was originally about the
earthing on a wooden laptop case and somehow spread to the Geelong deaths.

"You'll find it was the water that was the conductor, not simply the wood."

So where did I get the above from? I made no general statements, I replied
to the thread. Maybe you should re-read what has been posted? You continue
to make general statements stating wood is a conductor if the voltage is
high enough. Well buddy, in the context of this thread *that* is irrelevant.

Yes you did.

Yes you did.

Better re-read the thread.

Which was correct. 'More fool you' :)

Pity that the thread was about the grounding of a laptop using a wood case.
In this instance wood is not a conductor.

So why do you keep re-posting the stuff I cut? Bit hypocritical, isn't it.

Re: Something Different

AFTER the thread had clearly diverted to the more general
question of whether lightning can indeed be conducted by dry wood.

Its obvious from the quoting that you keep flagrantly
dishonestly deleting where that came from.

Lying, again.

Wrong, as always. It has everything to do
with  the claims made at the top of the quoting.

Originally is completely irrelevant. I chose to comment on
your stupid pig ignorant claims about wood and lightning.

Its clear that lightning was being discussed in the
quoting you keep flagrantly dishonestly deleting.

And that is just plain wrong with dry wood and lightning.

Plucked it from your arse basically.

What you replied to was the general statement, stupid.

No need.

I wasnt the first one to say, that, MC was.

Wrong, as always. Hariss made that general
claim which is clearly just plain wrong.

No I didnt. You cant quote the post where I said that, because I didnt.

No I didnt, I never ever mentioned Geelong at all.

Bazil/Bryan did.
http://groups.google.com/group/aus.electronics/msg/6d0b1228eef7cd77

No need, someone else said both of those.

Nope, just plain wrong when stated as baldly as that.

Pity the thread had diverged to a more
general claim about wood and lightning

You get to like that or lump it.

Pity it can be with lightning.

Because you are flagrantly dishonestly deleting it and claiming
that the thread had not diverged to discussing lightning and
wood when that is clearly exactly what had happened.

More of your puerile shit any 2 year old could leave for dead.

Re: Something Different

Dry wood was only part of the tread in relation to a laptop case - in which
case the wood is not a good conductor. The thread diverged to the Geelong
incident, where the wood was wet and water was the main conductor - again
not the wood conducting.

There was never mention of dry wood.

Or maybe the 'flagrantly dishonest' poster is indeed yourself :)

No lies, just the truth - hence why I've cut the thread again.

Again, dry wood as a conductor was only part of the thread in relation to
laptop cases - where it's use as a conductor is non existant. Please do try
and keep up.

But wood in this discussion was wet - not dry. There was never any mention
of dry wood.

Yep, lightning in relation to *wet* wood - as was the case in the Geelong
incident. Again there was no mention of dry wood - except for use in the
laptop case.

Which is irrelevent to every part of this thread as the wood was *wet* - not
dry.

Or, as the case indeed it, from the thread.

But there was no general statement. It's simple really - laptop case: dry
wood, not a good conductor. Geelong: wet wood, water was the conductor.

So where does dry wood and lightning come into this?

If there was no need I wouldn't be posting again on this topic.

But you *continue* to say that - which is what I said and which is
irrelevant to this thread.

As you posted that wood is doing the conducting. It's not - the water is.

Try here:
"> Its not the wood thats doing the conducting.
Yes it is."

I think that is fairly clear.

You agreed with the statement.

Both of which you agreed with.

It can't be wrong if it's a direct quote from this thread.

I don't wish to sound arrogant, but maybe you should take your own advice.

Pity in this thread the wood that was struck by lightning was wet.

Re: Something Different

The laptop case was completely irrelevant once the
thread had diverged to discuss lightning and wood.

The laptop case was completely irrelevant once the
thread had diverged to discuss lightning and wood.

Wrong again, that came later than what is quoted above.

Wrong again, it wasnt wet.

Wrong again, there was no water.

Wrong, as always.

Lying, again. Read the quoting you keep flagrantly
dishonestly deleting and I keep restoring.

Lying, again. Read the quoting you keep flagrantly
dishonestly deleting and I keep restoring.

Lying, again.

You flagrant dishonesty fools absolutely no one at all.

Again, the laptop case was completely irrelevant once
the thread had diverged to discuss lightning and wood.

Again, the laptop case was completely irrelevant once
the thread had diverged to discuss lightning and wood.

Couldnt bullshit and lie its way out of a wet paper bag...

Lying, again.

Lying, again. There clearly is in the quoting you keep flagrantly
dishonestly deleting from the quoting and I keep restoring.

Lying, again.

Lying, again. And that was a separate sub thread anyway.

Lying, again. There clearly is in the quoting you keep flagrantly
dishonestly deleting from the quoting and I keep restoring.

Lying, again. There clearly is in the quoting you keep flagrantly
dishonestly deleting from the quoting and I keep restoring.
Nothing to do with any laptop, everything to do with lightning.

Lying, as always. YOU made the stupid pig ignorant claim
that dry wood is always an insulator, never a conductor.

Lying, as always. YOU made the stupid pig ignorant claim
that dry wood is always an insulator, never a conductor.

Lying, as always.

Again, the laptop case was completely irrelevant once
the thread had diverged to discuss lightning and wood.

Wrong, as always. And that was a separate sub thread anyway.

Reread the quoting that you keep flagrantly
dishonestly deleting and I keep reposting.

Lying, as always.

Because you keep denying it, cretin.

And you clearly lied, as proven by the quoting that you
keep flagrantly dishonestly deleting and I keep restoring.

Wrong as always. Wood still conducts when there is no water, fuckwit.

Just like any insulator does when the voltage is high enough.

Nothing to do with any laptop or any grounding.

As should be obvious to even someone as stupid as you by the quoting
that you  keep flagrantly dishonestly deleting and I keep restoring.

Not a shred of evidence that you are actually capable of thought.

Or even being able to bullshit or lie your way out of a wet paper bag either.

Wrong again, I didnt even commment Geelong at all.

Lying, again. I didnt even comment on either statement.

THE STATEMENT is wrong, fuckwit.

You just sound like a fool.

No need, you have always been just plain
wrong  and a pathological liar to boot.

Lying, as always.

Re: Something Different

Rod Speed committed to the eternal aether...:

ffs, no wonder people think you're a bot with those brainless repetitive
interjections.

Re: Something Different

Some drunken fuckwit claiming to be
puerile shit thats always pouring from the back of it.

Re: Something Different

Hence the term 'breadboard' for a quick knock-up of a design.

Takes me back to the good old days when a stray finger could encounter 300V
of plate voltage instead of a pissy 5V.

Re: Something Different

Do you really think wooden spark plug leads on a car would conduct?

Re: Something Different

Yes, if you used lightning for your spark coil.....dickhead.

Re: Something Different
  Those figures for wood translate to 416 MegOhms, you can buy specialty
resistors close to that value.

Re: Something Different

50KV is about half what moden electonic ignition systems put out, dickhead.

Re: Something Different

You know, I proved conclusively beyond all doubt you can push a
current through dry wood complete with figures and all you can
do is try and change the subject....possibly to something you're
slightly more knowledgable about.

What is this utter crap about wood spark plug leads??

Site Timeline