Soldering irons: made in America but designed in Russia?

All this talk about soldering irons makes me think how crummy too
much American industrial design is.

Some US industrial design looks great but some looks downright,
well, Russian.

Sure you can see crap-looking design in western Europe too but
there's a lot less of it than in the US.

Take soldering irons for example.  An ordinary soldering iron in
the US with unregulated temperature still has great big mofo screws
holding the tip.

By comparison, my 30 year old British-made basic Antex is a sleek
looking baby and those Antexes are not particularly expensive.

Don't start me on the looks of cars!

--
Russian in America
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/bc54d50403/svetlana-pilot-episode

Re: Soldering irons: made in America but designed in Russia?

Same troll. Must be bored...

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA

Re: Soldering irons: made in America but designed in Russia?

   Well, i have seen what might be called a variant, where the tip
screws into the heating section (from RatShop!).

Site Timeline