Solder staligtighs and staligmights

When soldering, sometimes I will have a small piece of solder that seems
  to string when using resin core 60/40.

I have cleaned the tip using fine emory board, but these still occur.

Is there a way to prevents these, as it is tricky to repair when using a
solder wick as sometimes it will "suck up" more than I need.

Re: Solder staligtighs and staligmights

You might be using a tip temperature that is too low, or you are using
far too much solder on the joint, or you are soldering for too long on
a joint, allowing the solder to oxidise.

Site Timeline