Solar rebate axed early

Axed as of today:
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25609936-952,00.html

Dave.
Re: Solar rebate axed early

Watch the solar system suppliers start to whinge about how unfair it is
that the taxpayers aren't subsidising their equipment (for the moment
anyway).

Re: Solar rebate axed early

Well, they probably have a right to complain in this instance, as they were
told by the goverment the cutoff was the 30th June, and heavily advertised
it as such to potential customers.

Dave.
Re: Solar rebate axed early

**If read carefully, you'll note that the uptake will likely INCREASE under
the new rules.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Solar rebate axed early

Good.

Sylvia.

Re: Solar rebate axed early

Meanwhile the rest of the world is getting on with larger scale application
of solar energy using heat cycles. While Australia has probably the most
suitable terrain for that technology anywhere.

Re: Solar rebate axed early
On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 17:24:49 +0800, "Bruce Varley"

Yes, I cant understand the obsession with solar voltaic, when mirrors
will always be cheaper than solar panels.

Re: Solar rebate axed early

**Ease of use, lack of maintenance. Mirrors need to be kept clean, PV cells
can tolerate some dirt. PV cells directly convert light into electricity.
Mirrors need to be used with some kind of energy conversion system.
Therefore, for small/medium scale generation, PV cells will be the first
choice. Additionally, recent developments (in Australia) suggest that the
cost of PV cells should fall to around 5% of their current price (albeit
with lower performance).

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au