SOIC DTMF IC encoder and decoder needed

Hi all,

I'm looking for a DTMF encoder ic and a matching DTMF decoder IC.

The ones I have seen use a serial interface bus but I am after discreet
binary output.

I am aware of the Motorola MC145436 but it seems that this chip is going out
of fashion. (Farnell and RS dont stock it any more)

Any ideas?

Re: SOIC DTMF IC encoder and decoder needed

8870 etc?

There are number of decoder chips listed at

http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/58238/CLARE/M-8870.html

some of which might actually be obtainanable, but ye olde Mitel 8870/880 series
were certainly the classical units for this.

Re: SOIC DTMF IC encoder and decoder needed

HOLTEK DTMF Decoder IC's.

Re: SOIC DTMF IC encoder and decoder needed

Further to Joe's suggestion, try
http://www.futurlec.com/cgi-bin/search/search.cgi and put DTMF in the search
box.  DIL and SMD devices.

Re: SOIC DTMF IC encoder and decoder needed

Ah, forgot about good ol futurlec. Thanks. Will place an order.

Site Timeline