So much for the global lithium shortage

I can't rember if this was the newsgroup that had the thread.
Warning, don't have a cuppa in your hand whilst listening.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/scienceshow/lithium-boom-for-
western-australia/9950634

Re: So much for the global lithium shortage

for-

I have a 2003 laptop (no flames plz, its needed to run an OLD windows
software programmer that doesnt run on anything above xp and is no longer
developed) with major battery failure, I smell the lithium everytime I
open it up and hit the mains, so if tehy want to send a vaccum I can give
them some back ;)

Re: So much for the global lithium shortage
You can get the batteries repacked if the lappy is a critical requirement.

--

Xeno

"The best way to make a fire with two sticks is to make sure one of them
Re: So much for the global lithium shortage

IME, you can probably but a new replacement battery pack. I have a
luggable lappy running Win98 and about 5 years ago, I was able to buy a
complete replacement battery pack. Now, if I hadn't put the recharger in
a safe spot, i'd be using it for wifi testing.

Also really need to build a battery tester/charge for all those cells in
the various scavenged battery packs.

Re: So much for the global lithium shortage

"Smell the lithium"? What does it smell like? Electrolyte?
--
Shaun.