So embarrassing

Just getting back into electronics and am enjoying al the new and
wonderous stuff that is available these days.

But, ran into a simple but annoying problem - I have a pair of
'computer' speakers attached to my windows box - 240v powered, internal
amp etc, and quite reasonable sound for cheap ($100 or so 5 years ago)
and crappy stuff.

But lately I get hum and motorboating at times - probably the electros
due for an overhaul, no sweat

But I can't get the effing case open!  Looked everywhere (eg under
labels etc) for concealed screws, but can't find a bloody one!

Maybe the buggers really glued this so and so together, but sheesh....

David

Re: So embarrassing

message

You should pulling apart the interior of a modern car :-)

Michael

Re: So embarrassing

You should try detailing one.

-mark

Re: So embarrassing

Well you are sooo right Michael .....actually the cig lighter socket on my
4Runner gave up and died - Toyota mob wanted $170 to replace it!!!  So
thought I'd do it myself - what a bugger, have to pull the motor, gearbox and
diff out to do it (slight exaggeration here) - ended up just running a lead
from the battery to an inline socket - much easier.

David - who did run the lead thru a fuse of course

Re: So embarrassing

To the OP:
Also check the cables, audio connector and the socket on the mb or
soundcard, sometimes they fail.

Sig:
"Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right."   -Henry Ford

Re: So embarrassing

Probably one of those click together plastic ones. Try pushing it in near
the middle seems and see what you can find!

Re: So embarrassing

Sounds like you need a technician, David (one who doesn't do dastardly
things to your coffee mug).

There might be screws beneath labels on the back, and it's very likely
that the case halves have moulded-in clips where they overlap. Try
running a small screwdriver or your thumbnail down the crack to see if
they'll unclip.

If all else fails, try an American screwdriver (large hammer)....

Good luck
Bob

Re: So embarrassing

Hi Bob

Yeh, looked behind labels, and tried the crack open technique I use with the
old Apple Macs - that thing is sealed up tighter than a nuns 'rosery'

David - who wonders why those NASA guys didn't get this speaker mfg mob to
build them a shuttle that doesn't come apart - ever

Re: So embarrassing

   Because a molded plastic space shuttle would burn up on re-entry.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Re: So embarrassing

   Now Bob, you know that isn't true! There aren't any American
screwdrivers anymore becasue they all come from China.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Re: So embarrassing

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:47:48 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"

Hi Mike,
    If it's any consolation, there are no more Australian ones either,
for exactly the same reason. :(

Regards
Bob

Re: So embarrassing

I will give that a go - otherwise 'THE DREMAL'

David

Re: So embarrassing

Try pressing in the plastic at the join to see if it's glued. If it is you
can try running around it with a blade and cutting through. If that doesn't
work try the Homer Simpson method and bash it good.

Site Timeline