Sneaky bastards!

Went shopping in Dymocks (Sydney city store) on Friday. Just as I was
leaving, my mobile 'phone made a sound that I'd never heard before. I looked
at the screen, to be greeted with a Bluetooth advertisement from Dymocks.
Neat technology. I didn't realise it could be done.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Sneaky bastards!
In North America, if you go in to some large shopping centres, they are
broadcasting on Bluetooth advertising to buy products. The first time I saw
this, I was surprised. You have to have the phone set for non discovery, or
better yet turn off the Bluetooth when not required. This is to avoid the
transmissions from ringing your phone and then producing advertisements on
its screen when you press the OK or Enter key.

--

JANA
_____

Re: Sneaky bastards!

Shopping centres round my way have been doing it for years, the cinema send
you trailers for movies and everything. You have to turn your bluetooth off
when you go there.

Re: Sneaky bastards!
city store) on Friday. Just as I was leaving,

Why would you pay for anything over Bluetooth?, it does not use the
GSM connection. Unless of course there is some even sneakier system
that allows one of these Bluetooth "messages" to trigger an automatic
download from the GSM connection?

Dave.

Site Timeline