smartcards

hi, i'm still curious about if anyone knows if it is possible to somehow use a smartcard programmer (the kc-5361 in particular) that "outwits" cable tv for use in a satelitte receiving system ?

thanx

Reply to
Sam Westcott

Ok. You read the recent Jaycar catalogue with a disclaimer saying they do not support the purchase of said cards if you wish to use them to obtain cable TV.

Simple answer: No. Pay for it, or find someone who has been doing it for years to get your 'free' cable TV.

-mark

Reply to
mark jb

Closest you get to pirating sat TV is Card Sharing .. details and downloads for this at

.. (yes it is my site, but its relevant to topic..)

Reply to
Lord-Data

"mark jb" wrote in news:43d5f609$ snipped-for-privacy@duster.adelaide.on.net:

I saw that cattledog, and that disclaimer. I took the disclaimer to mean "this works just fine for stealing 'cable', but we deny it to keep the lawyers off our backs".

GB, the glass is half empty, apparently :-)

--
"When all you have is a flamethrower, everything looks like a
 speed camera." (Peter)