Small motor coupling sourcing

I'm trying to find some (cheap) flex couplings to mate some 8mm stepper
motor shafts to the 8mm end of some lead screws. Either the Huco style or
the "slitted beam" types would be ok.

No luck with eBay, smallparts.com.au are a bit pricy.

Any suggestions for someone else in Oz that sells this type of thing with an
online shopfront?

Thanks

Re: Small motor coupling sourcing
depends how critical the application is, I have used rubber or neoprene
hose and clips in the past.

Re: Small motor coupling sourcing
F Murtz Inscribed thus:

I was going to suggest reinforced rubber gas pipe. :-)  I've done this a
number of times with good results.  A spot of washing up liquid helps
if its bore is a bit tight...

--
Best Regards:
                          Baron.

Re: Small motor coupling sourcing
A quick google suggests a suitable shaft coupler runs about %4.00 plus a
little fright getting cheaper in volume , lab style heavy wall rubber
hose works a treat (clarks)

--

Re: Small motor coupling sourcing

Yeah, it's always the fright that gets you :-)

Peter

Re: Small motor coupling sourcing

Cheers guys - rubber hose is what I'll be using initially. Longer term I
wanted something I can install & forget about.

Re: Small motor coupling sourcing
My home made auto antenna tuner was manual before the mods and had hose
on it a decade before it perished and failed , no clips just hose
"(thick red rubber)

--

Re: Small motor coupling sourcing

That's the approach Codan have been using on their autotune antennae
for donkeys' years.

Re: Small motor coupling sourcing

Looks like I'll be using that approach initially. It for a small CNC router
so the torque & usage may be a bit higher than Codans application.

I'll see whats in the junk box vacuum hose or small pwr steer hose should
handle a bit of torque.
thanks

Re: Small motor coupling sourcing
Well usually there are some at your local hamfest , the goldcoast club
is a week or two away

--

Re: Small motor coupling sourcing

I'm out west - bit far to travel!

Re: Small motor coupling sourcing

Try These guys,
http://www.minibearings.com.au/store/partslist/couplingsbellowshiflex/couplings/wide/61 /
Local to me & been very helpful in the past
Cheers,

Gary.

Re: Small motor coupling sourcing

http://www.minibearings.com.au/store/partslist/couplingsbellowshiflex/couplings/wide/61 /

Minibearings, I'd fogotten about them. Thanks I'll check them out.

Site Timeline