Slightly OT: Cell 'phone vs. toilet.

I went to visit a client today and the topic of my cell 'phone which fell
into the toilet (before I used it) came up. I quickly picked it up and
unzipped the pleather case, removed the battery and rinsed the blue water
from the 'phone. Then I put it on a fluoro light fixture to dry it out. It
seems to have worked OK ever since.

Anyway, my client managed to one-up me, by telling me how his 'phone fell
into the toilet while he was flushing and the thing disappeared 'round the
'S' bend. After I stopped laughing, I wondered a few things:

* What does that blue water do to cell 'phones?
* How many people drop their 'phones into toilets each year?
* How many cell 'phones end up in the sewer system?

Questions for the ages, I reckon.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Slightly OT: Cell 'phone vs. toilet.

"Trevor Wilson"

 **  Sounds like an *exquisitely*  appropriate end to one of the damn things
to me.

...........   Phil

Re: Slightly OT: Cell 'phone vs. toilet.

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 00:30:06 +1000, "Phil Allison"

You have given me a good idea. No more support calls at 2am. Does
anyone want to take bets on how many flushes it takes? Perhaps if i
wrap in enough shit paper the backed up water will encourage it to go
down...

Re: Slightly OT: Cell 'phone vs. toilet.

The blue water is just water with an antibacterial additive .. probably
corrosive in some form, so may cause corrosion on the circuits .. but if its
a phone gone round the S-bend, then no more than the water it'd be sitting
in anyway ..

Re: Slightly OT: Cell 'phone vs. toilet.

Used to work in Canberra, for ACTEW (the electricity and water mob).  When
they were doing the tests on the new treatment plant screens (at the top end
of the plant, screen out solids, which are then burnt) they got the
occaisional mobile phone hitting the screens - somewhat the worse for wear
after travelling 20+ kms to the plant.  So it is by no means an unusual
occurence, although I think more have probably found their way into building
concrete pours.

Ciao

Kevin

It