Slightly OT: Cell 'phone vs. toilet.

I went to visit a client today and the topic of my cell 'phone which fell into the toilet (before I used it) came up. I quickly picked it up and unzipped the pleather case, removed the battery and rinsed the blue water from the 'phone. Then I put it on a fluoro light fixture to dry it out. It seems to have worked OK ever since.

Anyway, my client managed to one-up me, by telling me how his 'phone fell into the toilet while he was flushing and the thing disappeared 'round the 'S' bend. After I stopped laughing, I wondered a few things:

  • What does that blue water do to cell 'phones?
  • How many people drop their 'phones into toilets each year?
  • How many cell 'phones end up in the sewer system?

Questions for the ages, I reckon.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

"Trevor Wilson"

** Sounds like an *exquisitely* appropriate end to one of the damn things to me.

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

The blue water is just water with an antibacterial additive .. probably corrosive in some form, so may cause corrosion on the circuits .. but if its a phone gone round the S-bend, then no more than the water it'd be sitting in anyway ..

Reply to
Lord-Data

You have given me a good idea. No more support calls at 2am. Does anyone want to take bets on how many flushes it takes? Perhaps if i wrap in enough shit paper the backed up water will encourage it to go down...

Reply to
The Real Andy

Used to work in Canberra, for ACTEW (the electricity and water mob). When they were doing the tests on the new treatment plant screens (at the top end of the plant, screen out solids, which are then burnt) they got the occaisional mobile phone hitting the screens - somewhat the worse for wear after travelling 20+ kms to the plant. So it is by no means an unusual occurence, although I think more have probably found their way into building concrete pours.

Ciao

Kevin

It

fell