Slightly O.T. memories

thanks for the link. I worked there for about 3 months as a young PMG technician in training, in 1960 I think it was. somehow I thought I would find it with google street view fairly quickly, but things change in 50 years.

Was it on the corner of william and lonsdale street? I remember a whole string of satellite broadcast studios in old houses running down the hill along lonsdale street.

on the same page at youtube, there is a listing for a video of radio lyndhurst. I was there for about 3 months also, around the same year.

Cheers Don...

=======================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Broadcast House *was* on the corner of Williams and Lonsdale Streets. In

1994, ABC Radio moved into its current building ("Southbank") on the corner of Sturt Street and Southbank Boulevard in South Melbourne. The Victorian County Court now occupies the old Broadcast House site.

The old Radio Australia building was a few doors down Lonsdale Street towards Spencer Street, on the opposite side of the road to Broadcast House. Later, Radio Australia moved to a purpose-built site in East Burwood. Radio Australia also moved into the Southbank building around

1994.

H.

Reply to
Harold