Slightly O/T: four-core sheathed cable source?

I have a number of olde fluoro desk lamps like this:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mount-colah/bedroom/fluorescent-study-lamp-vintage-orange-silver-gooseneck-30/344154315

where the cable inside the gooseneck has gone intermittent, and I'm
seeking a source of the cable (in less than full roll quantity) to
rehabilitate these lamps.  The bore of the gooseneck is such that only
a light-duty sheath over the four cores will fit.

Any suggestions of a source here in Oz?

Re: Slightly O/T: four-core sheathed cable source?
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mount-colah/bedroom/fluorescent-study-lamp-vintage-orange-silver-gooseneck-30/344154315

what about small rolls?

got a number for the bore size?

the gooseneck is earthed, right?

how about some 0.5mm^2 hookup wire in a spaghetti tube?

http://nz.element14.com/pro-power/mc6a-16-0-2t3-yw-100/wire-yellow-16-0-2mm-100m/dp/1172957
$20 too much?

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

---

Re: Slightly O/T: four-core sheathed cable source?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mount-colah/bedroom/fluorescent-study-lamp-vintage-orange-silver-gooseneck-30/344154315

Maybe.

The gooseneck is a bees' dick under 9 mm ID.  Where the cable comes
out of it and through the "head" the dia is 7.5 mm but that can be
reamed somewhat as/if required.

Nope.  These are fig8-fed lamps.

The key is going to be the flexibility.  I had toyed with using
heatshrink over two fig8's - which is basically what the original
looks like (a fig8 going from the g/n to each lampholder tombstone) -
but I know that regular heatshrink is going to make it too rigid.

Re: Slightly O/T: four-core sheathed cable source?
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mount-colah/bedroom/fluorescent-study-lamp-vintage-orange-silver-gooseneck-30/344154315

braided fibreglass spaghetti sleeving instead of heatshrink perhaps?
Jaycar only have 3.6mm, maybe try a lighting/electrical place like Ideal?

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

---

Site Timeline