Slightly O/T: four-core sheathed cable source?

I have a number of olde fluoro desk lamps like this:

where the cable inside the gooseneck has gone intermittent, and I'm seeking a source of the cable (in less than full roll quantity) to rehabilitate these lamps. The bore of the gooseneck is such that only a light-duty sheath over the four cores will fit.

Any suggestions of a source here in Oz?

Reply to
who where

what about small rolls?

got a number for the bore size?

the gooseneck is earthed, right?

how about some 0.5mm^2 hookup wire in a spaghetti tube?

$20 too much?

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Maybe.

The gooseneck is a bees' dick under 9 mm ID. Where the cable comes out of it and through the "head" the dia is 7.5 mm but that can be reamed somewhat as/if required.

Nope. These are fig8-fed lamps.

The key is going to be the flexibility. I had toyed with using heatshrink over two fig8's - which is basically what the original looks like (a fig8 going from the g/n to each lampholder tombstone) - but I know that regular heatshrink is going to make it too rigid.

Reply to
who where

braided fibreglass spaghetti sleeving instead of heatshrink perhaps? Jaycar only have 3.6mm, maybe try a lighting/electrical place like Ideal?

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts