Slaughter-Bots

Pilfered from a post in another group;

Autonomous jelly fish shredding robots

<http://www.eetimes.com/author.asp?section_id36%&doc_id13%19743&itc=eetimes_sitedefault&cid=NL_EET_Daily_20131009&elq73%9216f96eda430bbbd98f63b7318671&elqCampaignId15%91

Re: Slaughter-Bots

possibly make a mess of small fish, etc also. Don't think this has been fully thought out.

--
Don McKenzie

All Olimex products now 30% off normal Olimex Prices.

Re: Slaughter-Bots

That's the concern some expressed in the comments on that page, but when you
think about it, that scenario's highly unlikely;

- Fish will instinctively swim away from something big which moves and makes
noise, and
- Fish will instinctively swim away from a current (in this case being
created by the propeller).

What I'm wondering is if they can develop this technology further, to target
politicians. Let a few of these loose in Can'tberra and we can broadcast the
developments as "reality TV" for entertainment :-)

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

Re: Slaughter-Bots

The 'strings' that guide the jellyfish in allow the fish and most by-catch
to escape to escape. Plus as was pointed out almost everything swims
faster than this thing

Re: Slaughter-Bots

Are jellyfish prey by anything that can get past its sting ?

Re: Slaughter-Bots

Certainly.  They are prey of some turtles, fish, birds, and other
jellyfish.

http://www.jellyfishart.com/kb/jellyfish-biology/jellyfish-predators

OTOH, we *do* need a better politician predator.

Re: Slaughter-Bots

I think Japanese eat jellyfish (as well as whales).

Re: Slaughter-Bots
On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 13:42:45 +0800, the renowned Glenn B

Jellyfish is pretty common in Asian cooking. AFAIR, I've only eaten it
prepared as a salad. I don't think it has much nutritional content (or
flavor), but it does have a nice crunchy texture.

http://tracker.dailyburn.com/nutrition/home_made_fresh_jelly_fish_calories

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany