Slaughter-Bots

Pilfered from a post in another group;

Autonomous jelly fish shredding robots

Reply to
Glenn B

possibly make a mess of small fish, etc also. Don't think this has been fully thought out.

-- Don McKenzie

All Olimex products now 30% off normal Olimex Prices.

$25 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:

The World's Cheapest Computer: DuinoMite the PIC32 $20 Basic Computer-MicroController

Add VGA Monitor/TV, and PS2 Keyboard, or use USB Terminal Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.

Reply to
Don McKenzie

That's the concern some expressed in the comments on that page, but when you think about it, that scenario's highly unlikely;

- Fish will instinctively swim away from something big which moves and makes noise, and

- Fish will instinctively swim away from a current (in this case being created by the propeller).

What I'm wondering is if they can develop this technology further, to target politicians. Let a few of these loose in Can'tberra and we can broadcast the developments as "reality TV" for entertainment :-)

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

The 'strings' that guide the jellyfish in allow the fish and most by-catch to escape to escape. Plus as was pointed out almost everything swims faster than this thing

Reply to
David Eather

Are jellyfish prey by anything that can get past its sting ?

Reply to
hamilton

Certainly. They are prey of some turtles, fish, birds, and other jellyfish.

OTOH, we *do* need a better politician predator.

Reply to
krw

I think Japanese eat jellyfish (as well as whales).

Reply to
Glenn B

Jellyfish is pretty common in Asian cooking. AFAIR, I've only eaten it prepared as a salad. I don't think it has much nutritional content (or flavor), but it does have a nice crunchy texture.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany