sinewave power

if i have a squarewave gen set and
i need sinewave for 240v, how do i
convert from square to sine?

i have a active line filter it has a
isolated transformer with 2 more
windings with some large caps.
its sinewave

will it putt out sinewave from a square wave
gen set or do i need a sinewave genset.

thanks
ppl

Re: sinewave power

Excuse my ignorance but doesn't the generator in the "gen set" put out
a sinewave anyway?

Re: sinewave power

its an old genset 25 years old brushes slipring type
dunlite, today ive seen some for sale new
with earth magnet's makeing them sinewave.
with no regalators or brushes in them, makes them
good for electronics and computers.
these gens are sold at rusco tools and paints
my old gen uses a triac type regualator.
it destroid a audomation switch, or it
maybe the spikes from the brushes that
di it.

Re: sinewave power

  That old Dunlite is probably putting out an
"Imperial" sine wave which is not compatible
with your "Metric" sine wave equipment.

Re: sinewave power

In article
snipped-for-privacy@blartco.co.uk says...

<chuckle>

Nice one !

--
Regards
Mike

your line fillter will probably help
I can't say if i'll be enough

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: sinewave power

is there a way to convert square to sine
with a hand full of components for 240ac?
if so where can i find a circuit.

thanks
ppl

Re: sinewave power

"crazy frog" <

**   NO !

......  Phil

Re: sinewave power

Not a handful of components, but a couple A5 sized PCBs.

You could full wave rectify your output and feed the resulting high
voltage DC into the sinewave converter section of Silicon Chip's old
sinewave inverter in Dec '92 issue.

Suspect it'll be cheaper to buy a new generator though.

Re: sinewave power

yeh i think so to.

Re: sinewave power

Hi Crazy, I'm curious about this gen set you have
is it outputting 240 volts AC with a square wave
output?. I've never heard of such a set before and
wonder if it might do that when the output is lightly
loaded and then go to a sine under some kind of load
say a few hundred VA or so.

How do you know it's square wave in the first place?.

Re: sinewave power

Maybe he has inverter?

Re: sinewave power

its triac regulated and if not squarewave
it maybe modified sinewave but my electronics
dont like it, im upgading to a 5kva earth magnet
type, no brushes or electronic regulator as my 2kva is not up to it.
brushes make spikes. it maybe the type of regulator it has
is the prob.

.au...

Re: sinewave power

Usually the regulation changes the field current and the output
is a clean sinewave: slip rings shouldn't cause massive amounts
of noise in an alternator: what's it look like under load with a
CRO?.

Site Timeline