Simple BASIC microcontroller programming question

I would like to input 10 bit from port B pin 0, 1, 2, 3 and output it to port D pin 2, 3, 4, 5, however, my code seem doesn't work. Could you guy please give me some idea and point out the mistake.

Bascom AVR complier, Atmel AT90S8535.

The code is shown as below

$regfile = "8535DEF.dat" $crystal = 8000000

Config Portb = Input Config Portd = Output

Dim R As Word , W As Byte

Do

Ddrb = &B11110000 'set pin 0,1,2,3 as input R = Portb

Ddrd = &B00111100 'set pin 2,3,4,5 as input Portd = R Loop End

Reply to
sommes