Silicon Chip.

I was poking around in their website when I came across this gem in the
section about submitting an article.

"These days, we like articles to be submitted as (preferably) Word
documents or .txt files on a Zip disk, CD-ROM or floppy disk, formatted
for PCs."

Zip drive? Floppy disk? Which century are these guys in?

Re: Silicon Chip.

Leo resisted email and internet for years....they are a pretty conservative bunch!

Re: Silicon Chip.

"keith ratbag"

** Got nothing to do with SC -  its the folk who are likely to send them
articles who are old school.

SC are simply saying they have the ability to deal with older and even
obsolete data formats.

For a project article, the author normally includes photos and hand drawn
diagrams -  cos many of them do not have the software to create pretty
schems nor a decent digital camera.

....   Phil

Re: Silicon Chip.

That wouldn't stop them from accepting stuff on a USB key, and I'm not
sure where you'd find a zip disk these day outside of a museum. Last
time I saw one for sale would have been about 1999.

Keith ratbag fails again
 "keith ratbag"

**  Massive straw man.

** You are not sure which way your fat, stupid arse faces.

BTW:   you stinking, congenital TROLL

Do the planet a favour  -  drop dead now.

....  Phil

Re: Keith ratbag fails again

Do us all a favour, go to the cupboard take out the pills and take them.

Jeeze and its not even the full moon.

Re: Keith ratbag fails again

Wonder if he talks to people IRL like he does here?
My guess is no.

Re: Silicon Chip.

SC always redraw circuit diagrams anyway, no matter how the contributor
submits them. So you are wasting your time if you CAD a circuit diagram
for SC, you may as well just scan your original hand-drawing.

Re: Silicon Chip.

"yaputya"

** Duh ??

** You missed the point -  fuckwit.

Hand drawings and photos HAVE to be mailed, same as floppy disks etc.

...  Phil

Re: Silicon Chip.

Yes, Homer.

You are very slow today. As usual....

It isn't worth taking the time to CAD your hand-drawing because SC won't
print it directly anyway. They will always redraw it. So you may as well
just send your scanned hand-drawn circuit and not waste time with CAD if
you have made a hand sketch.

Re: Silicon Chip.

Rubbish.
Nobody HAS TO use snail-mail anything anymore, anyone capable of sending
a contribution to SC these days would use email (scan the drawings and photos)
or if they are really locked in a techno-time-warp they could still fax 'em....

Site Timeline