Silent Ring Tone Scam ??

Hi to all,

the latest "ring tone" being offered for mobile phones claims to be "silent" to all adults, teachers and parents.

The TV ad says it is a 17 kHz tone.

Is this for real ???

Can a GSM mobile output such high frequency ?

Will its speaker reproduce it at audible level anyhow?

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Might be able to replace those high dollar tweeters with mobile phone speakers.

I don't know how loud it would be, however, it is being advertised widely now. I can only clearly hear to 10KHz on a sine wave, I get 12 - 16KHz on

1/3 oct Pink Noise. Why is there a difference. What I do notice is that even though I cannot hear the higher frequencies, I am left with a very specific feeling in my ears if I do play pink noise at the higher frequencies for more then a few seconds even though the volume is not high.
Reply to
APR

"APR"

** The pink noise probably still has components down to below 10kHz.

Depends how the 1/3 octave bands have been derived and how sharp the band limits are.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

The disk I have is from a Mr Anderson, here in Australia off eBay. I believe he put this disk together for an audio course he was involved with.

Reply to
APR

Seeing they are a small speaker I would assume it would produce the higher frequencies more easily.

Michael

Reply to
Michael C