Silent Ring Tone Scam ??

Hi to all,

the latest "ring tone" being offered for mobile phones claims to be
"silent"  to all adults, teachers and parents.

The TV ad says it is a 17 kHz tone.

Is this for real ???

Can a GSM mobile output such high frequency ?

Will its speaker reproduce it at audible level anyhow?

........   Phil

Re: Silent Ring Tone Scam ??

Might be able to replace those high dollar tweeters with mobile phone
speakers.

I don't know how loud it would be, however, it is being advertised widely
now. I can only clearly hear to 10KHz on a sine wave, I get 12 - 16KHz on
1/3 oct Pink Noise. Why is there a difference. What I do notice is that even
though I cannot hear the higher frequencies, I am left with a very specific
feeling in my ears if I do play pink noise at the higher frequencies for
more then a few seconds even though the volume is not high.

Re: Silent Ring Tone Scam ??

"APR"

**  The pink noise probably still has components down to below 10kHz.

Depends how the 1/3 octave bands have been derived and how sharp the band
limits are.

.......   Phil

Re: Silent Ring Tone Scam ??

The disk I have is from a Mr Anderson, here in Australia off eBay. I believe
he put this disk together for an audio course he was involved with.

Re: Silent Ring Tone Scam ??

Seeing they are a small speaker I would assume it would produce the higher
frequencies more easily.

Michael

Site Timeline