Sharp PQ12RD21 or equivalent component

Hi all,

I'm looking for a few of these voltage regs in the 12 or possibly 9v if 12v isn't availble. I don't do too many eletronics projects and the schematics that i've been looking at are from the USA so i'm not sure how easy/hard these are to find in australia. I'm not really sure where to start looking for such a component in australia, i know the digi-key in usa is where the americans get them from. Possibly one of you bright sparks might know of an equivalent component with similar function that is easier to get in australia, if so, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Reply to
What The

Farnell or RS components?

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

tried both sites and neither list sharp voltage regs.

cheers.

Reply to
What The

Still looking for these....

Reply to
What The

Found them at WES although under and old part number. Bloody things are over

8 bucks a pop for the 2A version, being a small time retail customer sucks ass.

Reply to
What The

What's so special about the Sharp part that makes it difficult to use a $1 generic regulator replacement?

Reply to
rebel

a few things..

  1. its totally encased in epoxy so you can bolt it to anything as a heatink
  2. its a low power loss regulator which is important for the application
  3. most importantly it has an on/off function built in which makes it ideal to be paired with a PWM for controlling the brightness of large LED arrays.

at least i have some test parts to start working on a prototype for my project to know that everything will function before i go an buy all the parts for a complete job. I'm sure that like most things the trade price of the part is probably 1/2 of the retail price...

Cheers.

Reply to
What The