"Servo" magazine query

Does anyone in this ng subscribe to "Servo" magazine
(http://www.servomagazine.com/index.php ) ?
What is it like? How substantive are the articles?

Re: "Servo" magazine query

"dmm"

**  Ever considered doing something useful with your life ??

.........  Phil

Re: "Servo" magazine query

Have you? Looking at your replies you seem to hit the reply button usually
first and within a few minutes of an OP.

What a boring life YOU have.

Pete.

Re: "Servo" magazine query

"Pete"

** What I do for a living and a  " hobby " are  very useful.

** Proves what ?

 I know how to scana  NGs for recent posts only with OE ???

Try using " Mark all Read"   & "Catch Up " in the Edit list.

**  Pissing on arrogant fuckwits in public is very far from boring when you
are a fully identified poster.

Try and you will soon see.

Beats making robot toy soldiers  -  hands down.

.........  Phil

Re: "Servo" magazine query

Phil gets this way when it's a full moon.
He sees his job as chasing away anyone who
needs information or advice. Your best bet
is to ignore the nutcase completely as he's
not taking his medication lately.

Re: "Servo" magazine query

Follows just some of the BBS's you visit with your VERY BORING life.

rec.audio.tubes
aus.legal
aus.electronics
aus.hifi
rec.audio.pro
rec.audio.tubes
rec.audio.tech
alt.audio.pro.live.sound
sci.electronics.design
alt.guitar.amps
aus.legal
alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk

The last should come as no surprise. Reading the inputs on these forums
makes you out to be a total loser. What's your problem? Hitting 50 with no
assets? Angry are we?

Do everyone a favour and hand yourself in.

Goodbye!

Re: "Servo" magazine query

"Pete"

**  Pete is not very bright.

 Fact he is as just as dim as he sim.

**  It does as a matter of fact -  since I have never posted thee.

..........  Phil

Re: "Servo" magazine query

Have you checked with a newsagent to see of you can get it? You would be
suprised of what they can get but don't. You may be able to just get one
issue so you can see what is in it.

Cheers,

Andy S
AusElectronics Forum
http://www.swinndesign.com/ae /

Re: "Servo" magazine query

Most newsagents don't get speciality mags like Servo. The agent
I used to get Circuit Cellar from a year ago has discontinued that mag
so I get it elsewhere now, but I'm considering resubscribing to CC.
I'll check McGill's tomorrow to see if they carry Servo, and Make.

Re: "Servo" magazine query

Hi Andy,
I see you are trying to start up a new Aus Electronics forum.
My Aus-Electronics Yahoo group has been around for over 4 years now
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aus-electronics /), so not sure if we
need another forum, but I am fond of the phpBB boards...
The address might be the killer though, kinda hard to remember
http://www.swinndesign.com/ae /
Now www.auselectronics.com would be nice, but oops, already taken!
How about www.ozelectronics.com?, oops, already taken too!

I see you do Geocaching and are into EcoLiving too. Canyoning as well
by any chance?

Dave :)

Re: "Servo" magazine query

Yes.
Pretty good usually
Also nuts and volts (same publisher)
http://www.nutsvolts.com /
also has some robotics articles.
http://nutsvolts.texterity.com/nutsvoltssample

I prefer Circuitcellar , as its more alone the lines
of what I do (embedded systems)
Also their contests are great , chance to get free hardware.
Plus uni lecturers/staff can request free subscriptions for
themselves and their students.

I get all three,  CC , Nuts and Volts and servo.

Circuitcellar produces an electronic edition.

Servo and its sister mag  nuts and volts I think
have just started an electronic edition.
http://www.nutsvolts.com/subinfo.htm
Both are US$19.95 for a years online sub where as CC is US$15

The electronic editions are a good cheap way
to see what the magazines are like, with out having to wait for airmail etc

http://www.circuitcellar.com/electronic-edition /
http://www.circuitcellar.net/sample/Sample.zip sample edition

Re: "Servo" magazine query

I agree Alex,
Pity Silicon Chip electronic edition wasn't a lot cheaper.

Because I had a collection of magazines that was 50+ years old, I had to
give them all away, and now I only keep the last 12 months.

But many times I wish I had a copy of something only a year or two back,
and I can't find it, as I don't have it anymore.

But now with CC in pdf, it makes their projects easy to store and find
again in a hurry. Knock out stuff.

(Welcome to the 21st century)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: "Servo" magazine query

Thanks for that Alex. I think I'll order a couple of issues of Servo,
and see how it goes. I already get CC regularly, and I find that the
Make website with it's links an interesting mix.
.

Re: "Servo" magazine query

My last CC subscription was $US5!

The electronic editions are definitely THE way to go. I wish SC would
have a decent priced electronic edition.

Dave :)

Re: "Servo" magazine query

5 bucks!

is that the normal renewal price now Dave?

Geez, it cost me that when I got my first printed copy, issue number 4

say no more, say no more!

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: "Servo" magazine query

Not sure, but I don't think so. It was some discount "coupon" price I
got for some reason (probably for being a contributor), had to enter
the coupon code when renewing.
I think I got another one with one of the recent contest kits too.

*muffled gaging sound*

Dave :)

Re: "Servo" magazine query

I renewed last time for US$5  courtesy of Atmel.
At the time if you signed up to recieve their applications journal
you could get CC electronic edition for $5.

Uni lecturers and Engineering societies can get free
subscriptions for their students as part of the
Circuit Cellar college program.

Alex

Site Timeline