Sending DVDs overseas - Page 2

Re: Sending DVDs overseas

As far as I can see from the owner's manual, the OPs recorder doesn't
have that ability. It will only write in "DVD" format.

http://panasonic.com.au/content/library/files/F001834.pdf

Sylvia.

Re: Sending DVDs overseas

Record to a rewritable DVD and then convert it to the required format
on a PC.
AVS video converter is one way to do it.

Re-use the DVD RW as required.

Re: Sending DVDs overseas

If they're anything like the CD-RWs, they're a pain because of the time
taken to erase them prior to reuse.

Sylvia.

Re: Sending DVDs overseas

consistent.
Is
won't.
readable

IIRC you can do a "fast erase" that just does the first track/TOC ?
rather than the entire disc.

Re: Sending DVDs overseas

Surprisingly enough mine won't finalise a DVD-RW, only a DVD-R, and that is
deliberate for some reason. (probably more copyright bullshit)
Not sure whether that applies to the OP's recorder.

MrT.

Re: Sending DVDs overseas

Time for a TV card for the PC I think.

Then all these problems are gone.

Re: Sending DVDs overseas

snip
True

Re: Sending DVDs overseas

Your problem is nothing to do with region-coding. Most likely, you're
using cheap & nasty DVDs. I recommend the gold TDKs.

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because