Security Systems again.

Hey,
Has anyone played bought these cheap wirless infrared sensor,they look
too good to be true at $15 + shipping via ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Wireless-Infrared-Door-Bell-Chime-Visitor-Arrival-Alarm_W0QQitemZ270081781988QQihZ017QQcategoryZ106188QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Do they work as claimed seller says 50m straight distance and they set
off a led or bell,maybe only reciver distance?
Question:
using a relay off the led or bell how could I easily set these to make a
continuous alarm,powering either a stobelight or siren.(I gather these
just send a signal when the intruder passes the beam)
Or how could I use resistance in the circut to set a continuos alarm
through a pre-existing alarm panel?
these are cheap compared to the dse models at $100
had to ask before doing home work!
TIA

Re: Security Systems again.

ebayhttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/Wireless-Infrared-Door-Bell-Chime-Visitor-Arri ...

What exactly are you trying to do?
If you want to put it outside *and* hook it up to a house alarm then
you will be in trouble.
If it's a just a wireless doorbell you want then fine, but outside
sensors on house alarms are a no-no due to false alarms.

It is a passive infrared detector, there is no "beam", it works on body
heat. Lots of things set them off outdoors, like pets, reflected
sunlight etc.

Any PIR alarm sensor will do the same thing as this, except this one is
cheap and nasty.

See:
http://www.glolab.com/pirparts/infrared.html

Dave :)

Re: Security Systems again.

ebayhttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/Wireless-Infrared-Door-Bell-Chime-Visitor-Arri ...

Find a cheap way to have IR gates

High security area,no government or a police force that only cares about
revenue from fines and in the odd case public safty means the need to
protect ones assets even by means of weapons.
False alarms here are non existant except by failure on my part.
Also this is woop woop and bogan country,an alrm sounds,a neigbour has
little chance of even hearing it.

Thanks,will keep looking....it will end up costing $500-$1000 to trick
the backyard with DSE models...lol.

Thanks again,very healpful.

Re: Security Systems again.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Wireless-Infrared-Door-Bell-Chime-Visitor-Arrival-Alarm_W0QQitemZ270081781988QQihZ017QQcategoryZ106188QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In English what do you  hope to accomplish ?

  those  detectors are cheap for a reason

[ 4 letter word meaning defficate ]

Re: Security Systems again.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Wireless-Infrared-Door-Bell-Chime-Visitor-Arrival-Alarm_W0QQitemZ270081781988QQihZ017QQcategoryZ106188QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Scare the shit out of people that think they can waltz around in my
backyard,then next scare the shit out of people that think they can pop
a pair of bolt cutters,into my workshop and start wondering around.
Due to design and size of the building PIRs,motion detectors are out of
the question.
Yeah thanks,

Thanks again,

Re: Security Systems again.

that think they can waltz around in my

Umm, the eBay one IS a PIR.

I'd take that seriously, the eBay one is cheap and crap.
At the very least get proper alarm PIR sensors otherwise you'll regret
it. If you want to use them outside then maybe a Dual PIR which uses IR
and microwave might be an idea to reduce false alarms.
If you want to cover large areas then use multiple units.

All PIR have simple relay contact outputs so you can hook them up to
trigger whatever you want.

Dave :)

Re: Security Systems again.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Wireless-Infrared-Door-Bell-Chime-Visitor-Arrival-Alarm_W0QQitemZ270081781988QQihZ017QQcategoryZ106188QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
If you want a cheap beam assy then a simple laser level driving a
suitable detector , total cost less than $50.00 although visible it's
not very visible  , spend a little more and get a proper infra red
beamed device with detector , your property is woth it .

Site Timeline