Security camera questions - Page 2

Re: Security camera questions

Agree - excellent people to do business with.  Would also recommend.

Re: Security camera questions
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KG9068&keywords=infra+red&form=KEYWORD
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=infra+red+illumination&_sacat=See-All-Categories
http://secure.oatleyelectronics.com//index.php?cPath10%0_70&osCsid=b96c3cc9dc541da9803d356ca7a6177b
I just wonder why the obvious didn't occur
  replace the camera with one that has infra-red led's installed , not
all cheap cctv cams have the ability to see with infra-red and
considering a pretty decent infra cam can be had off ebay for very
little along with a suitable infra illuminator the change is obvious

  540tvl with sony insert and the right led's will offer about 30m in
pitch black with a potential for facial recognition and for slightly
more will allow autofocus and other features

--

Re: Security camera questions

**Oh yeah. I have set up home security systems previously. They used cheap,
shitty cameras. I've never used quality cameras.

  With good reason.

**I'm not. Read my words: I'm helping a mate. I have no intention of doing
the job. I merely posed the question. HD video cameras are quite inexpensive
and my mate has plenty of time on his hands. I will simply point him in the
direction. He will install and wire up. I don't have the time to bugger
around with such things.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Security camera questions

  :)

--

Re: Security camera questions

This mob might be worth looking at, they have an Aussie rep and you can
get board cameras for about twice the cost of a webcam, but they are much
nicer cameras.

http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US /

Re: Security camera questions

**Outstanding. Unfortunately, I've been referred to their Australian
distributor, but I will await pricing details. Their product appear to be
almost ideal for my needs.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Security camera questions

http://www.priceusa.com.au/about.html
might work, if the local price isn't good.

Cheers Don...

=============

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: Security camera questions

And there is your problem; high quality video into garbage. You would
need a very high definition capture/converter card/dongle.

Also, it isn't just the cameras, but the constant lighting needed 24x365.

Re: Security camera questions
A dedicated dvr is the right solution and atm are cheap

--

Re: Security camera questions
At $300-500 this would appear to fit the bill.

http://files.dlink.com.au/Products/DCS-5300/Datasheet/DCS-5300_datasheet_03.pdf

http://www.shopbot.com.au/pp-d-link-dcs-5300-price-12118.html

Re: Security camera questions
hi, read this  :

http://www.pixim.com/assets/files/product_and_tech/540HTVL_Max_WP_Final.pdf

http://www.axis.com/products/video/camera/ccd_cmos.htm

below is part email of a enquiery i sent  ;

This camera is 640x480 pixels (VGA), H.264 Real Time 30fps,
The camera with compression H.264 is better than other cameras.

I think you can check it by your self,here it is a DEMO for this camera:
http://002abuc.nwsvr.com

The user name is admin,password is 123456.Please do not change the setting
about this camera,and for your first time log in,you should download the
software.

mark