Science knowledge

Pilfered from another NG. I'd be surprised if most people here didn't score 13/13. Pretty much junior high school level.

Quoted:

"I think you will find this interesting! Here?s a quiz on how much science adults know. Only 7% of the adult population gets all 13 questions correct. See how you do.

Glenn B

You forget, "junior high school level" for the majority of the world equates to "master's degree level" for the USA.

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

very basic stuff

--

Reply to
atec77

There's a bit of truth in that, it also applies to PhD's out of China. I've had the misfortune to have worked with both. :)

Reply to
Glenn B

"Glenn B"

** Many of the Qs are simply general knowledge re matter that are at least somewhat scientific.

Mythbusters watchers would probably have scored high.

** To get all 13 right is the result of some lucky guessing or the person has a strong interest in things scientific.

I'm a little surprised that the figure is as high as 7%.

The wide spread public faith in AGW suggests a much lower number.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

**Wrong conclusion. Those who do not accept AGW theory are morons. Complete, utter scientific ignoramii. People like these idiots:

None have any clue about science, generally and climatology, specifically.

Of course, each one is a religious nutter as well.

AGW theory was first proposed by that great mathemetician, Fourier. It was later confirmed by Arrhenius. Since then, predictions are scarily accurate:

Science supports AGW theory. Religion denies the obvious facts. Religion and the exceptionally ignorant.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to

** That last line describes you to a "T" Trevor.

FYI:

The word is "ignoramuses."

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

**Quite so. Thank you for the correction. Those people I listed and anyone who does not accept AGW theory as possessing validity is an ignoramous.