Science knowledge

Pilfered from another NG. I'd be surprised if most people here didn't
score 13/13. Pretty much junior high school level.

Quoted:

"I think you will find this interesting!  Here?s a quiz on how much
science adults know. Only 7% of the adult population gets all 13
questions correct. See how you do.

      http://www.pewresearch.org/quiz/science-knowledge/

Re: Science knowledge

You forget, "junior high school level" for the majority of the world equates
to "master's degree level" for the USA.

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

Re: Science knowledge
very basic stuff

--

Re: Science knowledge

There's a bit of truth in that, it also applies to PhD's out of China.
I've had the misfortune to have worked with both.  :)

Re: Science knowledge

"Glenn B"

** Many of the Qs are simply general knowledge re matter that are at least
somewhat scientific.

  Mythbusters watchers would probably have scored high.

     http://www.pewresearch.org/quiz/science-knowledge/

** To get all 13 right is the result of some lucky guessing or the person
has a strong interest in things scientific.

 I'm a little surprised that the figure is as high as 7%.

 The wide spread public faith in AGW suggests a much lower number.

....   Phil

Re: Science knowledge

**Wrong conclusion. Those who do not accept AGW theory are morons.
Complete, utter scientific ignoramii. People like these idiots:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Pell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_w_bush

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Abbott

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnaby_Joyce

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Minchin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Monckton

None have any clue about science, generally and climatology, specifically.

Of course, each one is a religious nutter as well.

AGW theory was first proposed by that great mathemetician, Fourier. It
was later confirmed by Arrhenius. Since then, predictions are scarily
accurate:

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2012/04/evaluating-a-1981-temperature-projection/

Science supports AGW theory. Religion denies the obvious facts. Religion
and the exceptionally ignorant.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Science knowledge

"Trevor Wilson"

** That last line describes you to a  "T"  Trevor.

FYI:

 The word is  "ignoramuses."

....  Phil

Re: Science knowledge

**Quite so. Thank you for the correction. Those people I listed and
anyone who does not accept AGW theory as possessing validity is an
ignoramous.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Site Timeline