SC mag - Down to standard. - Page 2

Re: SC mag - Down to standard.

In fact the hex file is usually not available either, so they have a captive
source of revenue selling chips, often FAR greater than what they are paid
for the article.
Now whether that is right or wrong is another debate, but something you
obviously need to take into account at the time.

MrT.

Re: SC mag - Down to standard.

When that happens, CTRL-Z is your friend. (Seriously! - Try typing
some rubbish, selecting it all, then hitting some key. CTRL-Z will
bring it all back.)

--
   W  "Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them."
 . | ,. w ,

Oh, so it does!
I didn't know it worked at the system level too, nice one.

Dave :)

Re: SC mag - Down to standard.

your reply has gone

Come on - that feature article on glass was utter rubbish - incredibly light
on technical detail (we were informed that laminated glass is... laminated!)
crap photos that didn't show any interesting detail and the odd reference to
the fact they use computers (who would have thought!) in a lame and sad
attempt to justify its relevance to SC.

It could have been a fascinating article, but it ended up sounding like
lightweight fluff from a press release or corporate profile.

Re: SC mag - Down to standard.

On 28 Feb 2007 00:40:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com put finger to
keyboard and composed:

I'm happy with both the layout and the content. I'll continue
supporting SC until they close up shop.

Having said that, I'm a little annoyed that SC still have not sorted
out the "bug" in the software for their ECG project (Feb 2005). On
page 97 of the March issue there is a letter from a constructor who
could be experiencing the same problem that I saw, and which was
addressed in a recent thread in aus.electronics. I informed SC of both
the problem and the solution more than a year ago.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: SC mag - Down to standard.

I do hope they release that Electronics Australia CD before that
happens!
They could sell an awful lot of those I recon.

Dave :)

Site Timeline