Sanyo semis in Australia

Is there a distributor/stockist of Sanyo semis (specifically
transistors) in Oz?  (If so, please O Great One let it NOT be Tenrod)

Re: Sanyo semis in Australia

Yup, it's Tenrod. Murphy wins every time.
Don't know of any others.
Have you tried the usual big online stockists using findchips.com and/
or octopart.com?

Dave.

Re: Sanyo semis in Australia

Yup, it's Tenrod. Murphy wins every time.
Don't know of any others.
Have you tried the usual big online stockists using findchips.com and/
or octopart.com?

Dave

Are you after 1 pcs for a repair or  some for volume production.

If for a repair try

Speedy Spares Melboune
WES components Sydney (Ashfield)
http://www.gocompany.com.au /

Joe

Re: Sanyo semis in Australia

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 17:42:23 +1100, "Joe G \(Home\)"

It is "stock" for LCD inverter repairs.  Typically when I need a part
for these jobs that I don't already stock, I order in about ten times
the job quantity, figuring that will cover any similar jobs for the
foreseeable future.  So far most jobs are either replacing failed
electros with 105C low-ESR caps, or non-critical semis.

The problem is that most such outlets stock cheap (Korean etc)
versions of the part, and typically Hfe is way down on the Sanyo
part's min spec which is reputedly an issue with these particular
monitors.

I normally order all parts locally (Perth) and use WES as my backup.
WES have already confirmed theirs are not Sanyo.  I've emailed GO and
Speedy (took a while to find an email for them) so I'll wait and see.
Job isn't a rush ;-)

Re: Sanyo semis in Australia

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 15:49:47 -0800 (PST), "David L. Jones"

Dave, its for about ten or twenty for the service bench, so most of
those are going to be non-competitive.  The part is current Sanyo
production so thankfully doesn't fall into the rare/obsolete category.

Re: Sanyo semis in Australia

What don't you want to deal with Tenrod?

Re: Sanyo semis in Australia

Because the last time I wanted something like ten or twenty of a stock
$1.35 item they told me to piss off.  I took the hint and happily went
elsewhere.  Several other outlets now enjoy sizeable orders from us.