Sanyo semis in Australia

Is there a distributor/stockist of Sanyo semis (specifically transistors) in Oz? (If so, please O Great One let it NOT be Tenrod)

Reply to
who where

Yup, it's Tenrod. Murphy wins every time. Don't know of any others. Have you tried the usual big online stockists using findchips.com and/ or octopart.com?

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Yup, it's Tenrod. Murphy wins every time. Don't know of any others. Have you tried the usual big online stockists using findchips.com and/ or octopart.com?

Dave

Are you after 1 pcs for a repair or some for volume production.

If for a repair try

Speedy Spares Melboune WES components Sydney (Ashfield)

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

It is "stock" for LCD inverter repairs. Typically when I need a part for these jobs that I don't already stock, I order in about ten times the job quantity, figuring that will cover any similar jobs for the foreseeable future. So far most jobs are either replacing failed electros with 105C low-ESR caps, or non-critical semis.

The problem is that most such outlets stock cheap (Korean etc) versions of the part, and typically Hfe is way down on the Sanyo part's min spec which is reputedly an issue with these particular monitors.

I normally order all parts locally (Perth) and use WES as my backup. WES have already confirmed theirs are not Sanyo. I've emailed GO and Speedy (took a while to find an email for them) so I'll wait and see. Job isn't a rush ;-)

Reply to
who where

Dave, its for about ten or twenty for the service bench, so most of those are going to be non-competitive. The part is current Sanyo production so thankfully doesn't fall into the rare/obsolete category.

Reply to
who where

What don't you want to deal with Tenrod?

Reply to
Techo

Because the last time I wanted something like ten or twenty of a stock $1.35 item they told me to piss off. I took the hint and happily went elsewhere. Several other outlets now enjoy sizeable orders from us.

Reply to
who where