Samsung SP56L5HX picture going yellow/green.

    I'm the first to admit I don't know anything about LCD projection
TVs. A friend of mine's SP56L5HX developed a yellowish hue in the
picture which is shifting towards green.
   I've done some Google searching to find the likely cause, but
didn't do any good.
   Does anyone recognize the symptoms and can tell me what to tell
him?
   Thanks!

Cheers
Bob

Re: Samsung SP56L5HX picture going yellow/green.

Does it have fans and filters ?
  it may be dust , if not then I have a sense of forboding .

Re: Samsung SP56L5HX picture going yellow/green.

In LCD projectors that usually indicates a heat damaged or aging
polarizer filter.  I don't know if this applies to LCD panels....

jak

Re: Samsung SP56L5HX picture going yellow/green.

rear projection units (the ones that use an lcd or dlp panel) usually
need to have the bulb replaced after x thousand hours. check the bulb
time counter.

failing that could be bad input signal check cables, also check colour
settings, my hitachi crt rptv has many colour settings.

Re: Samsung SP56L5HX picture going yellow/green.

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:10:56 +1000, Matt2 - Amstereo

   Thanks for all your suggestions. Lots more Google searching has
only found a couple of references to this happening with other Samsung
LCD TVs, so apparently it's not a common problem.
   I've told my mate to talk to Samsung and see what they say.

Bob

Site Timeline