S-Video cabling

What's the maximum distance an S-video cable can run and what's the best
type of cabling to use?

For my church I want to run an S-video feed to one of the FOH
projectors, currently we have a composite feed running on a nice 30m
length of quality shielded coax but really need to upgrade to using an
S-video feed because the quality on that size screen isn't looking that
nice.

Re: S-Video cabling

"bill"

 **  Regular S-Video cable should be OK to a couple of hundred metres.

     Any good 75 ohm co-ax is fine.

 **   Piece of cake.

........  Phil

Re: S-Video cabling

Since when was Svideo using coax ? .

I thought it is a 4 core shielded cable .

I do not know the impedance but google is your friend

projectors,
quality
because

Re: S-Video cabling

"FruitLoop"

**   Since it began.

 **   Nope  -  twin 75 ohm co-ax.

.......   Phil

Re: S-Video cabling

http://sta.c64.org/cbmsvideoc.html
 use at a minimum RG6 quad or better should work assuming your
construction/ crimps is up to scratch

Re: S-Video cabling

30m should be no problem - in fact you could just run another length of the
same coax and terminate each end with  S-Video plug to 2 x RCA adapters. You
should try to make the 2 runs as close to the same length as possible.

Re: S-Video cabling

I wonder if a video transmitter/receiver would be better?

Re: S-Video cabling

Most only do composite, and fairly poorly at that. If you can run cable,
you'll always get a better result (read: been there, tried that).

Site Timeline