S-Video -> 2x RCA?

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/4296fc6b0a8a2818273fc0a87f9c0740/Product/View/C1349

Mate of mine just bought a cable like this one .. no mention on the box or
on the website there about WHAT the extra RCA plug is for?

I wasn't aware you could get audio on an S-Video connector? Am I wrong there
perhaps? There is no video signal on the 2nd (white) connector..

Thanks in advance!

[ VIDGuide.com ] [ Irdeto Card Sharing Resources & Other Sat TV Interests ]
[ http://www.VIDGuide.com ]

Re: S-Video -> 2x RCA?

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/4296fc6b0a8a2818273fc0a87f9c0740/Product/View/C1349

S-video is the video signal split into 2 signals - luminance and
chrominance. If you plug the luminance signal into a composite video input
you'll get a black and white image. If you plug the chrominance signal in,
you'll get nothing because there is no sync information (but there is
something there). That kind of cable is handy if you want to send the signal
over a long run of 2 coaxial cables. You need another of the same cable at
the other end to plug into the S-Video input of the destination device.

Re: S-Video -> 2x RCA?

Some monitors built before SVHS was invented used two phono sockets
for luma/chroma input.

Site Timeline