Ryobi battery pack

I have a 7.2 volt battery which appeared to have died. By repeated charging and discharging I have got it back to 6.97 volts. Can I expect anything better? Any tips on reviving dead batteries?

Reply to
Roger

"Roger"

** No

** FFS - buy some new ones.

Questions about rechargeable batteries should be banned from electronics forums.

Batteries are NOT electronic components.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Glenn B

No he's right mate! All too many lazy guys just make another enquiry on a subject that's been discussed to oblivion when they should do their own research on it.

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

** Yaaawnnnnnnnnnnn.....

** Of course.

** See what happens when you Google: " rejuvenating batteries" .

You get U-tubes and all kinds of stuff.

Nearly all of it crap.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Probably why he is asking experts. :)

Reply to
F Murtz

Yeah, it's hard going in this group, wading through the thousands of posts here. Who need people asking easy questions.

Reply to
Jeßus

**See if you can locate one of those pulse charger thingys. It may not rejuvenate your battery pack, but there's a modest chance it will. It may be useful for other battery charging applications too.
--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to

See - I knew you were tired........

Reply to
Glenn B

yaputya

If it is for a drill, you can get a drill with a lithium battery for not much more.

Reply to
F Murtz

I did this with a 14.4V pack:

Total cost $50 for a Li-ion upgrade (excluding the old laptop supply that feeds the Accucel-6).

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

You don't say what type of battery it is .

But generally :

1 - Buy a new one, or....

2 - Replaced the cells

3 - Replace the cells with Li-ons ( see latest Silicon Chip). But if you need to ask then "1" is probably your best option.

geoff

Reply to
geoff