RS Coponents Australia - Page 2

Re: RS Coponents Australia

The ones I hate worse are the on-line businesses that refuse to even provide
an email address! Jetstar is a good example that promotes their on-line
booking system but provides no on-line communication at all. They RELY on
people not waiting hours on hold to talk to someone who can't help them
anyway. And they rely on people giving up after many letters. It's far
easier to win the lottery than getting any joy from some companies.

MrT.

Re: RS Coponents Australia

If they'd had any brains at all they'd have recorded the mac using a
barcode reader before they put the unit in the post to you. Devices of
this type usually have that sort of info on the outside of the box in a
machine readable form.

Re: RS Coponents Australia

It certainly did. This I know, because optus sent me a second one, which
I still have in its box. I told them that they could come and collect it
if they want - but they never did. BTW, they also supplied an ADSL
splitter for use with this *cable* modem.

I can only assume that they feel that the people in their customer
service call centre didn't have enough work, and that this was an
opportunity to provide some.

Sylvia.

Re: RS Coponents Australia

Duuno, But in NZ (Welligton) if I order something that is not in stock
ex-aAuckland, it often turns up from Oz the next day, BEFORE the stuff from
Auckland !  UK takes about a week.

geoff

Re: RS Coponents Australia

That's odd...Is that via Australia Post? If so I would have expected it to
be more like a week and a day. Here (country Vic) I usually get parcels ex
Honk Kong sooner than ex Sydney :)

That said I have had some pleasent experiences (but not with Aust Post but
with freight companies) wherein a part ordered from Sydney via their
standard carrier service in the morning turns up the same afternoon. I'm
still not sure how that works.

James

database 4849 (20100208) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: RS Coponents Australia

Fedex I think. Fortunately they cover the extra cost.

geoff

Re: RS Coponents Australia

You just reminded me that I still have the US products part of
an RS order outstanding; on checking I placed the order in March
2009.

--
Regards
Blue