RS Coponents Australia

fritz wrote: ...

I don't think I like their prices and then shipping on top...

Tom

Reply to
Tom

**Why bother? Their prices are far too high (I checked a couple of items). Farnell provides free shipping on all orders and I can obtain a part within 4 hours, if I require it.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

I've used Mouser occasionally too. They had free shipping to Oz for a while, but I don't know if they still do.

Reply to
noone

If they'd had any brains at all they'd have recorded the mac using a barcode reader before they put the unit in the post to you. Devices of this type usually have that sort of info on the outside of the box in a machine readable form.

Jasen Betts

It certainly did. This I know, because optus sent me a second one, which I still have in its box. I told them that they could come and collect it if they want - but they never did. BTW, they also supplied an ADSL splitter for use with this *cable* modem.

I can only assume that they feel that the people in their customer service call centre didn't have enough work, and that this was an opportunity to provide some.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Fair comment, I prefer to walk into the shop and buy, but there are no Farnell or RS shops close to me. Is Conrad really so expensive ? What items did you actually compare ?

Fritz

Reply to
fritz

**Does Farnell stock the item you require?
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au