RJ45 cables Tester Help me

Hello :>

I want to make a cable tester for RJ45 cables. How i will make it ?
Please Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Re: RJ45 cables Tester Help me

ebay

Re: RJ45 cables Tester Help me

Yeah, what sort of testing?

If you just want a simple wire mapper it's hardly worth the trouble and cost
to DIY.
http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&idD3%006

If it is a performance / certification tester then DIY is not an option.
Far too complex and then you would need to have it calibrated.

Cheers,
Alan

Re: RJ45 cables Tester Help me

Buy one at a compter swap meet for less than $30

Re: RJ45 cables Tester Help me

I suppose it depends on the urgency to acquire one and also where the OP is.
As mentioned by another poster, eBay is also an option.  Just beware of the
outrageous postage costs from HK. :P

Cheers,
Alan

Re: RJ45 cables Tester Help me

Yeah, it's supposedly against eBay policy to charge $1 for something
"Buy-It-Now" and charge unreasonable postage like $50, but it still
happens.
Postage from HK on items that are priced for real is actually very
cheap, just a few dollars, and I get mine in like 2-3days. Nice. It's
just not worth going down to the local shop any more when all it takes
is a couple of mouse clicks and it's on your door step in a few days.

Dave :)

Site Timeline