RIP Bob Pease - Page 3

Re: RIP Bob Pease

It might not have been a heart attack or stroke, as diabetes can also =
cause20%
impaired mental function, blurred vision, and other effects that could20%
explain an accident such as this. Either hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia =
can20%
cause major problems. Also significant may be the fact that Bob was late =
to20%
the memorial event and he was in a highly stressed state. I don't know =
if20%
his not wearing a seat belt contributed to his death, or if that was =
typical20%
for him. However tragic, and whatever the cause, it was a blessing that =
he20%
died instantly and did not suffer.

Paul20%

Re: RIP Bob Pease
On Jun 22, 10:47A0%am, Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-I...@On-

Look closely at google maps above.  It appears that if you're not
expecting the sudden 160deg turn, you'll do exactly what the Mercury
News described: sail across the winery driveway and hit a tree.  (I'm
assuming I have the correct spot here, and he was coming from the
south.)   At that location, I wonder what the warning signs and
guardrails look like.  Or if there are any.

We don't have google earth here at work, so I can't check whether the
highway was downhill at that point.

How would one access the accident records for a location?   Find out
whether it's a "death curve" or not?

Re: RIP Bob Pease

Since this occurred in calif. you could start with "TASAS" in a search
engine.  But this is not on a State highway, you would use this to
find/get to the local accident databases.

Re: RIP Bob Pease
On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 22:08:52 -0700, josephkk

This IS NOT a high speed road (I've been up there eons ago).  Pease
was an experienced driver.  And has lived that area for how long?  I
just doubt that the situation caught him by surprise... but a heart
blockage can... BTDT (July, 1998).

                                        ...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO                            |    mens     |
| Analog Innovations, Inc.                         |     et      |

  How about you fuck off and die, jack-off.  I have been in this group
for nearly twenty years.  You are merely an interloper, at best.  And
your mouth makes you nothing more than a retarded pussy.

 So take your blabber somewhere else, blibber boy.

  Better yet, Fuck Off And Die!

Re: RIP Bob Pease

Damn.  I used to bicycle then drive that part of Pierce Road frequently.

Re: RIP Bob Pease

   Indeed.  A sad week, with the loss of talented men with a good sense
of humor and who willingly helped others learn electronics design.

Re: RIP Bob Pease

Good Lord!  This could almost get me started thinking like a conspiracy
theorist!  It is just too much!

Jon

Site Timeline