Rigol scope now under $500?

Looks like the Rigol DS1052E can now be had for AU$473 *delivered*
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DS-1052E-Rigol-DS1052E-2-Channel-Digital-Oscilloscope_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em63Q2el1177QQhashZitem563478fbf4QQitemZ370247531508QQptZUKQ5fBOIQ5fElectricalQ5fTestQ5fMeasurementQ5fEquipmentQ5fETQQsalenotsupported
Crazy.

Dave.

Re: Rigol scope now under $500?

Just got mine the other day, 468 AUD - free postage from Hong Kong.
- look for the other currencies in the seller's listing. UK pounds worked
for me!

Re: Rigol scope now under $500?

or now there is 100Mhz for $835

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item3D%320419834918&ssPage =
Name3D%STRK:MEWAX:IT

Re: Rigol scope now under $500?

*delivered*http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DS-1052E-Rigol-DS1052E-2-Channel-Digital-Oscil ...
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item32%0419834918&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If anyone does get the 100MHz model Rigol I'd be very keen to see the input
circuitry inside it and compare to the 50MHz model. There might be a chance
to mod the 50MHz one to get 100MHz performance.

Dave.
Re: Rigol scope now under $500?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item32%0419834918&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Anyone know where/how to get a schematic of the 50MHz unit? I have one and
think it is great.

jerd

Re: Rigol scope now under $500?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item32%0419834918&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'd love one too, but I think the chances of getting one are bordering on
zero. Expecially given that Rigol go to the trouble to rub the numbers off
some of the chips.

Dave.
Re: Rigol scope now under $500?

Agree. Its an excellent product for its class, - even more so at the
prices it has been selling for on Ebay.

As for the schematic,

It's probably something you would have to trace out yourself from off
the PCB's.  Wouldn't be the first time I have been forced to do this
to fix something (that is important enough to justify the time - or
have a lot of them to fix/modify) , but I doubt it would be a viable
task for most people on a board like this.

If you had a scrapped one, that you could remove the IC's from to
access all the tracks and the time to trace it all out you might be
onto something.

If anyone does have a schematic though, please let us know, I would
also be interested.

Re: Rigol scope now under $500?

Agree. Its an excellent product for its class, - even more so at the
prices it has been selling for on Ebay.

As for the schematic,

It's probably something you would have to trace out yourself from off
the PCB's.  Wouldn't be the first time I have been forced to do this
to fix something (that is important enough to justify the time - or
have a lot of them to fix/modify) , but I doubt it would be a viable
task for most people on a board like this.

If you had a scrapped one, that you could remove the IC's from to
access all the tracks and the time to trace it all out you might be
onto something.

If anyone does have a schematic though, please let us know, I would
also be interested.

Warranty.
If the scope requires repair or warranty service.  What do you do  ship it
to HK?

Joe

Re: Rigol scope now under $500?

This was the question I asked also of the supplier and the answer is yes -
ship to HK.

I purchased the 50 Mhz one and am delighted with it. Great piece of
equipment!

JERD

Site Timeline