Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed! - Page 4

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

I have heard from two people who have contacted previous Rigol ebay sellers
directly, and both have said their listings were pulled for the same
"dumping" reason.
So there is no reason to doubt the story.

Ebay already make so much money the commisions on these scopes are nothing
to them. It is more important to them that they be seen to be acting on
complaints. It's been happening for many years now, nothing new here at all.

Wrong.
As I said, there are plenty of places to buy this scope wholesale cheaply in
China, so I imagine it would be hard for Rigol to cut out these small time
ebay sellers directly.
There were so many cut price Rigol sellers on ebay you didn't know were to
look, everyone simply jumped on the Rigol popularity bandwagon, flipping it
for a profit to us westerners from whomever they bought it from in China.
There were zero reported cases of any dodgy sellers. All that are left now
are a couple of the expensive sellers.

Nope, much easier for someone (maybe Rigol directly, we don't know) to
simply complain to Ebay and let them use their famous overzealous legal
paranoia to block all cheap sellers. Doing it the other way around would be
like pushing brown stuff up a hill with a pointy stick.

Dave.

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

 Sounds more like parallel importing and selling at a lower price than the
local dealer, rather than 'dumping'.  That's not illegal in USAor NZ.  Dunno
about Oz.

geoff

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Bingo. Only the manufacturer can dump. Like I said, the story doesn't
pass the smell test. Further, nobody has pointed out on ebays website
where they would take such action.

The issue is by refusing to sell something, you also subject yourself
to legal action. This is why most companies simply wait for the
temporary injunction before taking action.

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

It's probably legal in Australia. I know of of at least one pro photo dealer who
sells Canon and Nikon SLRs and equipment from two sources. They source their
stuff through legal distributors as well as the do import themselves, many items
have two prices and they do explain pitfalls of buying a cheaper one. It's nice
to have a choice when you understand what you are getting into.

Tom

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

rce their stuff through legal distributors as well as the do import themsel=
ves, many items have two prices and they do explain pitfalls of buying a ch=
eaper one. It's nice to have a choice when you understand what you are gett=
ing into.

We have that in the US, and for the same products. Here we call it
gray market. You don't get a US warranty, but you do get to return
defective merchandise, so at least you don't get stuck with a dud. I'm
using a gray market lens from Canon that has to be 12 years old. No
issues.  But you only go gray market if the price difference is
significant. I don't think I'd get a camera body gray market. Too many
things to go wrong.

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

An official importer can fight a grey market importer through the
copyright on the product name. they can't do much about direct imports
though.

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

"keithratbag "

** Product names are not covered by copyright  -  you ass !!

Or  no-one could ever mention them in print !!!!

Corporate logos are however covered by trade mark law and copyright  -   but
rarely do importers have any legal rights over them.

If they did, they might be tempted to apply them to any products they like.

Been known to happen,  many times.

....  Phil

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Try opening a business called Apple computers and see how long it takes
for a lawyer to appear on your doorstep. Copyright and registered
business names have been used to shut down grey importers several times
in Australia.

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

"keithratbag "

** Totally irrelevant to the point -

     FUCKWIT  !!

**  But never once copyright on the  PRODUCT NAME  !!

     FUCKWIT  !!

....  Phil

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Well then explain how come Apple are suing the crap out of anybody
marketing a product with any name resembling iPod?

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

 "keithratbag "

** Not even faintly relevant to the " grey market " issue

    Wot  a  clueless   FUCKWIT  !!

.....  Phil

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Trademark protection?

Terry

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Are they suing the crap out of people selling second-hand iPods?

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Nope, but try setting up a grey market importing business and see how
long it takes their lawyers to arrive on your door step.

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

** Yaaaaaawwwnnnn...

 Yeah,  the evil boogie man will get you.

 ROTFL

 Wot a pathetic bullshit artist.

....  Phil

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

An excellent description of your good self Fill

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

** Yaaaaaawwwnnnn...

 Yeah,  the evil boogie man will GET get you.

 ROTFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Wot a pathetic LIAR you are.

....  Phil

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

  Let me see if I can translate that to something more
meaningful.

   I think what you were trying to convey is, Phil is "Full of himself" ?

  Of course, most of us knew that any way :)

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

   Almost as full as you are of yourself.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Well, you've been praising them to the skies on your wildly successful
blog, so what do you expect?  It's sort of like Oprah's Book Club.  ;)

Happy New Year

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs