Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed! - Page 3

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

I speak "southern" when I get mad ;-)

                                        ...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO                            |    mens     |
| Analog Innovations, Inc.                         |     et      |

On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 18:51:18 -0700, Jim Thompson

THIS POSTING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ELECTRONICS
WHERE ARE THE THOUGHT POLICE WHEN YOU NEED THEM?

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 14:21:15 -0800, Jon Kirwan

My AmEx is a "Clear" card (really dumb idea, it can't be read).  There
is no annual fee for it, either.

Yes, it does.  Either you take the kickback or you don't.

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Don't let it worry you, most of the people running big business don't
understand it either ;-)

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Well, today one of the EE's in the shop left work unexpectedly
, shortly after, the IT guy said he needed to get into
his office because he was told to extract his HD "C:" drive.

   Our EE friend didn't return from where ever it was, he went today.

  Maybe he didn't understand big business either? :)

  We're not exactly sure what happen at this point, but I told the rest
of my colleagues, this is a good time to start a rumor! We'll find out
tomorrow, I am sure. :)

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Why should 'dumping prices' be a problem ?

geoff

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Undercutting the "sole agent" could be a problem for the sole agent.

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Yep, but nothing to do with Ebay.

geoff

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

And that affects eBay how?

MrT.

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

**Sheep shagger alert !

** You don't know "dumping " is against the law ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumping_ (pricing_policy)

Or you don't know eBay's " User Agreement "  excludes sellers engaging in
dumping.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/user-agreement.html

See under " 6.2 Restrictions" part 4.

....  Phil

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Nothing applicable in that section to the situation with Rigol alleged
to have occurred.

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Nothing applicable in that section to the situation with Rigol alleged
to have occurred.

** You are totally wrong - as usual.

  Piss off wanker

....  Phil

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Have a nice day. Oh wait, somebody as screwed up as you never has nice
days.

You really make the rest of the Aussies look bad.

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

< snipped-for-privacy@sushi.com

FUCK OFF   BLOODY  IDIOT  !!!

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Jeepers,  Next time I have a bunch of things in stock I want to get rid of
cos they've been around too long I have to charge what everybody else
charges ?

geoff

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

** Wot a total fuckwit.

** Got nothing to do with " dumping "  laws

  or the Rigol example

  or the ebay user agreement

  -  you sheep shagging  kiwi FUCKWIT  !!

....  Phil

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

It shouldn't be a problem until a local official seller that can't possibly
sell them for the same price complains.
There are countless companies like (presumably) Rigol that have diferent
wholesale pricing in different countries, so an official dealer in say
Australia can't even buy it for less than what someone in China sells it for
at a profit. Or to hold on to their dealership they aren't allowed to sell
it under a certain price.
With the advent of ebay and online trading, the world is a global
marketplace, so these sorts of traditional regional pricing models make it a
big fat mess.
You can bet your bottom dollar the ebay sellers in China are (or were) not
dumping the scopes at a loss, they made a very tidy profit.

I have since heard that another Rigol seller also had their auctions banned
for "dumping". So this appears to be the reason for removal of the hundreds
of Rigol's that were for sale on Ebay.
So it's likely that one (probably official Rigol) seller, that may not even
sell on Ebay, spoiled all the fun by complaining.

Dave.

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

Dumping is selling beneath the cost of manufacturing, so only the
manufacturer can dump. A vendor can buy out the merchandise from a
store that goes out of business and sell those items for less than the
manufacturing cost. In the states, the FTC would have to declare a
dumping situation.  [I haven't had to deal with the FTC in a long
time, but it was an amazingly accessible organization considering you
were dealing with the government.

Like I've said, I need to see the documents on this alleged dumping. I
just don't see Ebay taking sides in any kind of dispute like this.
Rather, I see Rigol deciding not to sell stock to certain vendors that
they don't like. An individual company can set up any distribution
channel is desires (well maybe excluding automobiles). A prime example
is Apple, that reduces it's vendors to keep the price of their good
high.

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

There almost certainly aren't any, it's an internal ebay decision.
The seller probably just got an email informing them their listings have
been removed because of a breach of some rule, and that's it, end of story.
Some monkey at Ebay has spoken.

Ebay are judge, jury and executioner, and they are famous for showing it.
Indeed, they have to be shown to take complaints of legal matters seriously,
and they err on the side of caution every time. If they get any complaint
with the wiff of a legal basis, they'll just pull the listing(s).
Their site, their rules, they don't muck around, and the "victim" (sellers
in this case) usually doesn't get any recourse.

Maybe, but there are many other ways to obtain them, esp in China, so that
doesn't explain the lack of no more cheap Rigol scopes on Ebay.
The only facts are that Ebay have removed the cheap Rigol listings for what
they are calling "dumping".
You can still buy the unit at the old cheap prices from various other online
dealers, drop-shippers, and Chinese sources, here is but one example:
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=rigol&CatId=0

Dave.

Re: Rigol oscilloscope prices have sky-rocketed!

3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%

I didn't  want the scope. [I'm the one that suggested getting a used
Tek versus Chinese mystery gear.] I'm just very doubtful of the story.
Ebay has as much to lose from dissing a seller as to dissing an
manufacturer. In fact, more to lose from dissing the seller since the
manufacturer isn't sell their product on ebay.

Basically, the story doesn't pass the smell test. Now if Rigol cut out
the sleazy dealers, that would also explain the scope not being on
ebay, right? It is far easier for Rigol to not give the jerk gear to
sell rather than try to get ebay to prevent the sale.

Doctor, it hurts when I do this.
Well, stop doing that!

Site Timeline