RF Meters - Cross posted - Page 2

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

Because at times I am working in front of them.

This has been suggested to me, hence my concern.

To gain expertise it helps if you start with asking a question.

Can you/anyone provide an answer?

:-P

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

The Nardalert XT or Radman XT is what you want, don't dick around with
anything else.

If you don't use it that often, you can even hire one:
http://www.allara.com.au/productinfo.aspx?prodid67 %

I am assuming that this is part of your employment? If so then the
company should pay whatever is needed to ensure your personal safety
on site. Talk to the OH&S people and kick up a stink saying you are at
personal risk and you need this device, money should not be an issue
here.

Dave.

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

I would like to know your thoughts about this device,

http://www.rsaustralia.com

Item number 129-189

TIA

:-P

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

That is an IONISING radiation detector, so bears no relevance to your
original question.

I still think you are a troll and a timewaster.

--
Walt Davidson                               Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

  nah you don't

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

Fantastic, if you plan on cleaning the windows of the Lucas Heights
Nuclear Reactor.

Dave.

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

Thanks guys, point taken.
BTW, I dont care if you think I am a troll Walt Davidson.
:-P

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

Its basically a geiger counter, used to detect nuclear radiation, not
radio/microwave frequency

A must have, if you are planning a trip to Chernobyl / Pripyat

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

    There are some very depressing photos of that deserted area at
http://www.panoramio.com/user/226142

Bob

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

athttp://www.panoramio.com/user/226142

Apparently makes some great motorcycle riding though:
http://www.kiddofspeed.com /

Dave.

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

Those arent my kids.

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

    I've heard of the 'nuclear family', but that's ridiculous....

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

An interesting article, if not somewhat disturbing in parts to think some
areas will still be "hot" in 2525.
Maybe the basis for a debate on keeping nuclear technology out of the hands
of idiots.

Cheers,
Alan

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

On Jun 27, 12:49 am, "Alan Rutlidge"

Indeed.
Not to mention that there is a finite supply of suitable Uranium
anyway. Pick your date in years, but it's less than 3 digits.
Renewable is the only long term answer.

Dave.

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

No need for debate, the facts speak for themselves

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

Down, boy |-)

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

athttp://www.panoramio.com/user/226142

That whole story is a hoax.

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

What, the Chernobyl disaster or the biker's story with the somewhat
convincing photos?

Cheers,
Alan

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

LOL, you have to ask? I may be known for being predisposed towards
conspiracy theories, etc.... but come on! :)
I meant the biker's story.

As I recall, she eventually admitted to it being more than a little
embellished after a number of people picked up on some inconsistencies
and factual errors. If you're sufficiently interested, do a search on
'Chernobyl biker hoax' or similar. There shouldn't be too much trouble
bringing up some relevant links.

Cheers

Re: RF Meters - Cross posted

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/ockhamsrazor/stories/2007/1895697.htm

Click on "SHOW TRANSCRIPT"

Not sure about now, but back then it was possible to book a legitimate
tour to Pripyat. Travel was on four wheels.

Site Timeline