reversing senors

hi all,
        i am after a schmatic that can be implement when reversing a car or
truck it will make a noise so it will warn other people that whoever is
driving will be aware of that moment?

appreicate any sites/ideas

matt

Re: reversing senors

or
Do you just want reversing beepers? Auto shops should have them. Otherwise
check electronics shops for 'sonalerts' and wire one in parallel with the
reversing lights.

Ken

Re: reversing senors

Are you aware that you can buy a replacement reversing light globe that beeps?

David

Re: reversing senors

David, I wasn't aware of that ! Where can I get/see them ?

Cheers
Jim
message
beeps?
or

Re: reversing senors

Supacheap, about 20 bucks. Quality is very iffy though, the one I saw had
the bulb and beeper just soldered onto a bulb base, wires hanging out all
over the place.

Probably better to get a little buzzer, double sided tape under the chassis
or behind the indicator if truck, wire in parallel with the reverse lights.
You can get crimp connector things that piggyback straight onto the wires if
you don't want to resolder.

-mark

Re: reversing senors

I thought they were a damn good idea when I first saw them.  Automotive spares
shops shopuld stock them or perhaps largish autoelectrician places.  I think
the 4wd shop in Albury was where I spotted them, but I would think that most of
the larger parts/accessory shops would have them - and google is always worth a
try

David

Re: reversing senors

I hooked an $18:00 unit I bought from Dick Smith or where-ever in line with
the reversing lights. The neighbours on either sides of my property who have
young children constantly say how much safer they feel.
I have a 6' high brush fence and I believe that the 'beepers' should be
mandatory for people who have my type of drive-way.
Robby

Site Timeline