Reusable Electrical Connector between Electronics Package and Flexible Sensor Substrate

Dear all,

I was wondering if any of you knows about commercial connectivity
solutions that enables to make an electric connection between an
electronics package and a flexible sensor subtrate. The requirements
are:
- mechanical robust and stable
- solderless and glueless
- electronics should be reusable, i.e. the connector can be opened and
closed many times
- 2 electrical contact are needed
- not bulky

I was personally thinking about some conductive velcro or a clamp that
punches some pins through the flexible substrate film.

Any kind of suggestions, links, etc. are welcome!

Thx,
David

Re: Reusable Electrical Connector between Electronics Package and Flexible Sensor Substrate

I can think of many suggestions, but exactly what are you trying to
connect to what?

Re: Reusable Electrical Connector between Electronics Package and Flexible Sensor Substrate

Let's assume I have a flexible circuit and  an external electronics/
power supply based on a conventional PCB board and in a plastic
package. I wish to connect these two elements together, but in a
reusable manner, i.e. the plastic package can be clipped on and off as
many times as you wish. Of course it would be great if the connection
is also mechanically rigid. For the beginning I just need to connect
two pins.
(sorry for the cross-posting). Maybe there are other solutions?

Thx

David

Re: Reusable Electrical Connector between Electronics Package and Flexible Sensor Substrate

I haven't seen an FFC/FPC connector in a 2 way, but they're probably
out there. Molex manufacture the connectors, and Farnell sell them as well.
You'd need to define the pitch. Some of these connectors can
also punch a hole through the flexible circuit substrate, due to sharp
edges on the contacts, or wear away the silver contact material on the
flexible substrate, so you get intermittant contact.

Site Timeline