Resistive switch?

Hey all,

I want to butcher a Gamepad's buttons so that I can connect a resistive
touch pad to it instead (Ie. two sets of interleaved metal fingers that
you bridge with your hand). I wonder what the best way of doing this
would be? Could I put a transistor over the original contacts, and
switch it with the current that flows between the sets of fingers when
bridged? Or am I totally on the wrong track?

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

--
http://www.sherlocksoftware.org

Re: Resistive switch?

why?  skin resistance is unpredictable and any signal yo do get will probably
be swamped by mains noise.

it's hard to say. a lot depends on how the gamepad is wired.

Bye.
   Jasen

Site Timeline