REQ: Twin rotary encoder switch with pushbutton.

Folks,

I am working on a project and need a rotary enoder switch with two
gang with a push button switch in the middle?

(Push button is a momentary action one, not toggle on/off.)

--
========
Thanks.....

Jarod

Re: REQ: Twin rotary encoder switch with pushbutton.

I think you will not find a dual rotary encoder easily.

Why not use a switch to switch the one rotary encoder output from one
function to the other ?  You should be able to do that easily in the
software which already reads the encoder.

Re: REQ: Twin rotary encoder switch with pushbutton.

Or what about just putting parallel buffers on the encoder output, and
sending the output from each buffer to where it has to go?

Chris.

Re: REQ: Twin rotary encoder switch with pushbutton.

"AJ" == "Adrian Jansen" writes:

Granted,

Where would I get even a single one?

But I would prefere a dual gang one.

AJ> I think you will not find a dual rotary encoder easily.
AJ>
AJ> Why not use a switch to switch the one rotary encoder output from
AJ> one  function to the other ?  You should be able to do that
AJ> easily in the  software which already reads the encoder.

--
========
Thanks.....

Jarod

Re: REQ: Twin rotary encoder switch with pushbutton.

Google!

I use the ones from http://www.trexon.com/

Email Spehro and ask, they are not directly obvious on the website.

Re: REQ: Twin rotary encoder switch with pushbutton.

And a hit from Google search "dual concentric encoder":

http://www.mandeno.co.nz/search/search_index.php?pg_id=6&psg_id10%&pt_id22%&pst_id=-1&sup_id=8&key_word=&trough=all&submited=true

Looks expensive.

Re: REQ: Twin rotary encoder switch with pushbutton.

hi jarod ,

ALPS have dual rotary encoders

http://www.alps.co.jp/index_e.htm

Tenrod , RS , switches plus etc all carry ALPS in australia.

good luck

m.