Repairing Cassette players

I am having trouble with an old cassette player. I am trying to transfer old cassettes onto my computer. While the feeding spool is turning the receiving spool is not. Consequently the tape start going all over the inside of the player. What is the likely reason for this Thanks in advance.

Reply to
The Doctor

valiumboy
***Old age!!!!

Brian Goldsmith.

Reply to
Brian Goldsmith

I bet you write all the Microsoft error messages, for a living.

***Old age!!!!

Brian Goldsmith.

Reply to
Eric

**Why do people insist on NOT including brand and model numbers with this kind of inquiry?

Do you honestly imagine that ALL cassette players are identical mechanically and electrically?

Anyway, the likely fault is one of the following (depending on the specific mechanism):

  • Idler is faulty and requires cleaning/replacement.
  • Belt is loose and requires replacement.
  • A motor is low on torque.
  • Motor control system requires adjustment.
  • Et al.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Just because he is old doesn't mean he can't follow simple instructions.

Reply to
T.T.