Repairing Cassette players

I am having trouble with an old cassette player.
I am trying to transfer old cassettes onto my computer.
While the feeding spool is turning the receiving spool
is not. Consequently the tape start going all over
the inside of the player. What is the likely reason for this
Thanks in advance.

Re: Repairing Cassette players

Sounds like the belts or the idler for the takeup reel need replacing.
Cheers
Joe

Re: Repairing Cassette players

I am having trouble with an old cassette player.
I am trying to transfer old cassettes onto my computer.
While the feeding spool is turning the receiving spool
is not. Consequently the tape start going all over
the inside of the player. What is the likely reason for this
Thanks in advance.

***Old age!!!!

Brian Goldsmith.

Re: Repairing Cassette players

I bet you write all the Microsoft error messages, for a living.

I am having trouble with an old cassette player.
I am trying to transfer old cassettes onto my computer.
While the feeding spool is turning the receiving spool
is not. Consequently the tape start going all over
the inside of the player. What is the likely reason for this
Thanks in advance.

***Old age!!!!

Brian Goldsmith.

Re: Repairing Cassette players

Just because he is old doesn't mean he can't follow simple instructions.

Re: Repairing Cassette players

**Why do people insist on NOT including brand and model numbers with this
kind of inquiry?

Do you honestly imagine that ALL cassette players are identical mechanically
and electrically?

Anyway, the likely fault is one of the following (depending on the specific
mechanism):

* Idler is faulty and requires cleaning/replacement.
* Belt is loose and requires replacement.
* A motor is low on torque.
* Motor control system requires adjustment.
* Et al.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au