Repairing car alternators

Does anyone have a url for the nitty gritty (test, etc) of repairing car
alternators?

Re: Repairing car alternators

99% of the time it's bearings and brushes. That'll be $250 thank you.

Re: Repairing car alternators

MIGHT BE THE DIODES

99% of the time it's bearings and brushes. That'll be $250 thank you.

Re: Repairing car alternators

Last time mine was the diodes, so I must be in the 1%
:-)

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Repairing car alternators

Do was mine, had an external regulator fitted after that.

Dave.

Re: Repairing car alternators

Okay, being lasy, I ask
"replacement diodes are more expensive?"
or it was just easier.

I must admit that I considering taking all that external as it will give
me more stuff to play with in the battery charger project.

Re: Repairing car alternators

They fall into the 1%