Repairing car alternators

Does anyone have a url for the nitty gritty (test, etc) of repairing car alternators?

Reply to
Terryc

99% of the time it's bearings and brushes. That'll be $250 thank you.
Reply to
Two Bob

MIGHT BE THE DIODES

99% of the time it's bearings and brushes. That'll be $250 thank you.
Reply to
Frank

Last time mine was the diodes, so I must be in the 1% :-)

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

USB Flash Drive interface for existing products.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Do was mine, had an external regulator fitted after that.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Okay, being lasy, I ask "replacement diodes are more expensive?" or it was just easier.

I must admit that I considering taking all that external as it will give me more stuff to play with in the battery charger project.

Reply to
Terryc

They fall into the 1%

Reply to