Repair Work

In case anyone is interested this was posted on a Ford Forum I
visited today:

see http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t11%220829

'I'm after a boffin to repair some LCD displays that we use in
our large forklifts and cranes, I need some one who can map out
& repair PCB's etc

I'm not looking to employ someone rather can some one give me
contact details for a person or organisation that conducts this
type of work.

Sydney preferred but I don't mind sending the displays any where
in Australia or NZ

PM me or call me on 0414794112 "

--
Regards
Blue

Re: Repair Work

"aussiblu"

**  Hey  !!!!!!

This supercool dude would also like his worn out CD-rom drives repaired too
!!

Not to mention dozens of old hard drives, sticky keyboards and fluff-filled
wheel mice.

No problemo  !!!!!!

Anyone out there, currently engaged in the super lucrative game of  * dry
cleaning people's used toilet paper *   can easily oblige ........

......   Phil

Re: Repair Work
As it turns out Phil it wasn't the digital clock on his toaster
he wanted repaired but some very expensive industrial equipment.

Thanks to those that responded by email.

--
Regards
Blue

Re: Repair Work
No Phil I subsequently  got an email from the person posting
this request and thanking me for my help and advising:  "I know
it sounds silly but these displays control a 1m piece of
equipment and its not like a clock or a dash display if this
fails the machine is grounded ...." and "...I currently have an
exchange program with the OEM in Europe but its very time
consuming and I would prefer to have it done here."

--
Regards
Blue

Re: Repair Work
...............and I thought the word "crane" was also mentioned
as well as the word "forklift".  Priced a crane lately?

--
Regards
Blue

Re: Repair Work
Perhaps something like this
http://www.europe-machinery.com/used/mobile-crane/574578/demag-ac-140.html
$about 1.2 Million euros second hand.

--
Regards
Blue

Re: Repair Work

lol, to explain my mirth.

You post, in your words a request for someone to repair some broken
electronic gear, and PA thinks you want someone to repair the actual LCD
panel copper(*) and tells you to replace "them", and you think he means
replace the crane.

Anyway, seems like you've achieved what you wanted.

(*), yep,there are people around who expect that you can pull out your
magic wand.

Re: Repair Work
We're all getting somewhat pedantic  but no; my perception  was
that the "points" Phil seemed to be trying to make was that it
was an LCD panel in a relatively cheap forklift.

But it's all the internet and email and I guess such messages
are always subject to interpretation so perhaps I have also
misinterpreted the intent of some of Phil's seemingly belittling
comments. If so I am sorry but the subtlety was lost on me.

--
Regards
Blue

Re: Repair Work
I guess these sort of responses are  why people don't often post
such requests here.

--
Regards
Blue

Re: Repair Work

A perfectly fine request. Good to hear you got some leads.

Re: Repair Work
Ok maybe I should have said; "' relatively cheap, simple and
non-critical  forklift."  I wasn't thinking Phil was suggesting
that the forklift be replaced rather that he was suggesting it
was just a cheap and simple piece of equipment and that it being
out of action for a short time  wasn't a significant issue.

--
Regards
Blue

Re: Repair Work

"aussiblu"

** DO  NOT  POST   IN  MID  AIR  !!!!

  YOU   FUCKWIT    WANKER  !!

......  Phil

Re: Repair Work
You not suggesting that your manner makes you a suitable
newsgroup moderator are you Phil?

--
Regards
Blue

Re: DO NOT POST IN MID AIR !!!
Most newsgroup etiquette code also generally suggest:

1. do not use profanities,
2. do not insult or flame other members;
3. do shout with block capitals;

Yes, I know  I am also not following etiquette by responding to
a troll's flames.  But I was actually just illustrating to an
amused third party how far you would go to have the last
insulting word; so thanks for playing Phil and over to you for
the last time on this thread.

--
Regards
Blue