"repaint" inside of microwave

Hi all,

Is it okay to "repaint" inside of microwave?  That is because the paint
inside is peeling off and rusty.

If it is safe to do so, what type of paint?

Thanks

Re: "repaint" inside of microwave

anti-rust paint should be usefull

Re: "repaint" inside of microwave

finger to keyboard and composed:

WES have microwave touch-up paint:
http://wagner.net.au/Catalogue/10_06.pdf

- Franc Zabkar

Re: "repaint" inside of microwave

I'd want to be using a hi-temp paint, preferably enamel, and able to cope
with a damp environment.

Ken

Re: "repaint" inside of microwave

finger to keyboard and composed:

How about engine enamel?

For the benefit of the OP, here is a microwave repair FAQ:
 http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/micfaq.htm

"Special microwave oven cavity paint is available but any common gloss
enamel will work just as well (and costs about 1/10th as much). Use
touch-up paint (with a small brush) or spray paint. The typical color
is beige, almond, or some other form of off-white - just match it to
your oven (if you care)."

- Franc Zabkar

Re: "repaint" inside of microwave

Thanks for the link.