"repaint" inside of microwave

Hi all,

Is it okay to "repaint" inside of microwave? That is because the paint inside is peeling off and rusty.

If it is safe to do so, what type of paint?

Thanks

Reply to
eltan

anti-rust paint should be usefull

Reply to
Ed -|-

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 02:04:04 +1000, "eltan" put finger to keyboard and composed:

WES have microwave touch-up paint:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I'd want to be using a hi-temp paint, preferably enamel, and able to cope with a damp environment.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:45:54 +1200, "Ken Taylor" put finger to keyboard and composed:

How about engine enamel?

For the benefit of the OP, here is a microwave repair FAQ:

"Special microwave oven cavity paint is available but any common gloss enamel will work just as well (and costs about 1/10th as much). Use touch-up paint (with a small brush) or spray paint. The typical color is beige, almond, or some other form of off-white - just match it to your oven (if you care)."

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks for the link.

Regards