Renewable energy

Copied from elsewhere.

01:36:31 Tuesday, 26 June 2012
===============================

Renewable Britain: A report.

Bristol channel is at high tide. No tidal power would be produced by the
highest tidal range  in the UK at this point in time.

Its dark. No solar power is generating anything - unless its under a
streetlamp one supposes.

A ridge of high pressure sits over the UK  The total metered wind output
across the whole country  is just 31 MW. That's right. 31MW Enough to
supply every household (26 million of them) with about 1.2W

Demand is over 27GW.

The Interconnector to France is totally out of action.

The Interconnector from Holland is running flat out (1GW). Its doing
more than all the wind in the UK by a factor of 20.

Dinorwig is no help. Its being recharged.

Even Scottish hydro is doing feck all - 76MW. But that's more than twice
what the wind is doing.

We hear screams of delight when 'for the first time wind supplied 10% of
the grid'

Let's hear it for the time  when despite the vast amounts of money spent
on it, renewable energy was supplying less than 0.05% of the UK demand.

"All the windmills in the UK are not supplying enough electricity to
charge an I pod in every house in the country"

"All the renewable energy in the country - including hydro - is not
enough to light a single energy saving lightbulb in every household in
the country"

That's 10bn and thousands of landscapes ruined, houses devalued and
birds killed, well spent, then.

Re: Renewable energy

http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk /

Re: Renewable energy

Thats just how it works, but Greenies, and green Twev...... err, apologists=
, just don't seem to understand reality.

Re: Renewable energy
just don't seem to understand reality.

**What do you imagine that I don't understand, moron?

Tell you what I do understand: YOU understand nothing about the
scientific method and zero about science.

I also know how to read numbers. I can, for instance, understand that
RIGHT NOW, wind power is supplying approximately 0.98GW of energy into
the UK grid. That amounts to approximately 10% of what coal supplies.

Still and all, I suppose you'll claim it's a giant conspiracy theory and
that Tony Abbott, George Pell and Alan Jones are right and ALL the
climatologists are wrong.

You'll still be a deluded fool though.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Renewable energy
3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D

Its 5% right now.  How much per GW H is wind costing by comparison ? 20%
How often is it not there when needed ? 20%

Arent the poor little greenies upset about birds being shredded and the noi=
se?
Anyone else note how they construct a hate campaign over time against EVERY=
 source of energy ?

Coal, Nuclear will run 24/7 (excluding planned maintenance) as long as you =
keep the fuel up to them.  Also are very affordable sources.

CCGT (gas turbine?) seems to be the major source by far at approximately 45=
% of the demand right now.

Conspiracy theory ?  Isnt that something are into ?  Farts destroying the e=
nvironment LOL. 20%

Yawn.......
Been through this crap 100 times already, look up previous replies.

Re: Renewable energy
just don't seem to understand reality.

**Indeed. 231MW. Considerably more than the 31MW claimed.

   How much per GW H is wind costing by comparison ?

**No idea.

**Points:

* I am not attempting to defend wind power.
* There are other forms of low emission energy generation that can be used.
Wind power will always, by it's nature, be highly variable.

**What "birds being shredded"? How many each year? How many birds will
die from the effects of AGW?

source of energy ?

**Nope. I do note that you seem to be ignoring some quite useful forms
of energy generation.

keep the fuel up to them.  Also are very affordable sources.

**Sure, with the exception of a few tiny issues:

* Coal generates massive amounts of CO2, which has been shown to cause
global warming.
* Uranium is running out.
* Nukes are not a popular political option.
* No insurance company will insure a nuke. The risk must be carried by
taxpayers (as the Japanese are now discovering - they're up for an
estimated US$67 Billion bill).

of the demand right now.

**CCGT is a FAR better ooption than coal.

environment LOL.

**No. Unlike you, I accept the facts as presented by science. You, OTOH,
accept the fairy tales told to you by scientifically ignorant people
like Alan Jones, George Pell and Tony Abbott.

**And I am still waiting for you to present the science.

Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Renewable energy
Reminds me rather of a guy that I used to work with. When asked to
produce a report, he would ask what the requester what he wanted it to
prove.

Re: Renewable energy
3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D

That's exactly how it works.  He probably did well for himself too.

Re: Renewable energy

That is what you employ a consultant for.
<sigh some people thnk Yes (Prime) Minister is comedy, when it is really
a documentary series.

Re: Renewable energy

Take a look at the latest silicon chip mag, and the obvious rorting of the
taxpayer going on with the school crossing speed limit flashing signs, it sums
up the government perfectly.

Site Timeline