Remove laptop battery for desktop use? - Page 2

Re: Remove laptop battery for desktop use?
On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 17:29:50 +1100, David Segall

I remove the charged  batteries from my laptops and store them in the
refrigerator. Every 6 months I recharge them if they have been unused
in the meantime.

Like most batteries their life is longer when kept cold.

As to why a Sony might malfunction without a battery, then I have no
idea. The Sony (and any laptop) certainly won't tolerate power
failures without  a battery! :)

I hardly ever use my laptops on the battery. I've never had any
trouble doing this. I really buy laptops because they take up less
room about the place than a desktop does.

Ross

Site Timeline