Remote power line controlled switch

Are there any commericially made devices for sending/recieving signals over house mains power lines? I want to control a power outlet, from another outlet. I don't want to do it wireless.

Also what are the simplest circuits you have seen to do this? I heard that there was one that used no transformers, I am guessing the frequency generation and switching circuit is all done at mains level power?

Reply to
MisterE

X10 is what you're after.

Reply to
Bruce Varley

Bunnings have a ton of home automation stuff now, including X10 equipment I believe, which is what you are after.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones