RECOMMENDATIONS FOR LINE OF AUDIO QUALITY ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS.

I need a wide range of values and small quantities for DIY Hifi.  Needed in
both output path and power supply

Was using Blackgate range, but my supplier (in Hawaii) has gone bust.

Please don't recommend something you wouldn't use yourself and I am not
interested in paying foolish prices.

Re: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR LINE OF AUDIO QUALITY ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS.

  Use any reputable brand low ESR high temperature electrolytic
suitable for heavy duty switchmode power supplies for example.

Re: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR LINE OF AUDIO QUALITY ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS.

**If you've been buying Blackgates, you are already paying foolish prices.
Grab your Farnell catalogue and select according to specification. Farnell
lists quite comprehensive specs for all it's quality electros. The good
ones, whilst expensive, are vastly cheaper than Blackgates.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

--

Re: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR LINE OF AUDIO QUALITY ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS.

I thought these prices were pretty reasonable actually,

http://www.kyoto-electro.com /

for Blackgates, anyway, when compared to typical Australian prices (even
after shipping.)

However, Rod stopped filling my orders some time ago and does not correspond
anymore, so I can't recommend anyone actually send him money.

Re: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR LINE OF AUDIO QUALITY ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS.

**LOL!

**The prices are simply ridiculous.

**At those prices, neither would I.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

--

Re: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR LINE OF AUDIO QUALITY ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS.

They're a total rip-off. It's just a *capacitor* !

Graham

Re: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR LINE OF AUDIO QUALITY ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS.

There is no such thing as 'audio quality' electrolytics.

What aspect of their performance are you interested in ?

I believe Sanyo ? or Nichicon or whoever discontinued making Blackgates anyway.

Graham

Site Timeline