recommend voltage doubler ic ?

hi, any body recommend  a voltage doubler ic, i need to  be able to convert
12 vdc to 24 vdc @ 100 ma .

thanks.

 mark k

Re: recommend voltage doubler ic ?

None of the voltage doubler IC's that I've seen will provide that much
current - they're intended for just a couple of milliamps.  You'll most
likely need to make a switch-mode DC-DC converter, or find a module
(although 12v to 24v doesn't seem to be very common).

Peter

Re: recommend voltage doubler ic ?

Don't know if it helps but Powerbox make a 12v-24v dc-dc converter module
that will do 100mA. They are in the Farnell catalogue but can be had cheaper
direct from Powerbox (might be a MOQ though, I've only ever ordered qty from
them). Available as a PCB mounted module or in a chassis with screw
terminals.

James

Re: recommend voltage doubler ic ?

Actually there are quite a few switched capacitor inverters/doublers that
will do over 100mA (e.g. MAX660, MAX1680), but the problem is the 24V
operation.

I agree, a DC-DC converter module is the best way to go, something like
this:
http://au.farnell.com/xp-power/iu4824sa/converter-dc-dc-2-1i-p-2w-24v/dp/1435433
(not quite there in terms of current, just an example)
The OP will need to provide more info if he wants to "roll his own" DC-DC
solution using a chip, too many options there.

Dave.

Re: recommend voltage doubler ic ?

I'm with Pete - AFAIK all the doubler IC's are small current.  Options are a
small switcher like an MC34063, or a dedicated Kemo module if the 24V doesn't
require tight regulation.

Re: recommend voltage doubler ic ?

I'll say the same as the other respondents. Unless you're building thousands,
just use an off-the-shelf converter module. The 'capacitor doubler' type chips
are only meant for 10mA ? at most.

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to
my email address

Site Timeline